free datsun sunny

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No trigger input no spark. Don't worry about that til the ecu is configured.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Thread from the dead.

Got the shits and enlisted Glenno's help with this nugget today. Is now a runner and sounds very healthy/cranky. Started fabbing cooler pipes but was having some issues with my helmet after not being used for 6 months so first weld looked like I gave it to steven hawking for a laugh so gave up shortly after.

Will finish cooler piping tomorrow and possibly the exhuast if I'm motivated enough. Dumping at the gearbox is lol worthy but ultimately will see me in jail while tuning the thing. Still chasing a 3bar GM map sensor if anyone has a spare. If anyone has a TIG and can do alloy I'm happy to provide some beers to assist with finishing the radiator piping as well.

Massive props to Glenno by the way. If anyone needs a car sorted the guy has a wealth of knowledge and works like a ninja. He did a heap of background work getting the Haltech to stop speaking gibberish via a DOS emulator and got the base map loaded up. Plugged it all in today and started on the second or third crank.

DrivenFX all the way
      Originally posted by Dimi
      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

That camera work was tripping me out!
        They say i know fuck nothing, but i know fuck all!

Comment

Thanks Sketchy

The thing definatley sounds healthy started to fire as soon as the injectors bled the air out.
          www.DRIVENFX.com Performance Engine Building, Auto Electrical (Wiring Looms, ECU Installs, Diganoses and Repair), Custom Automotive Electronics, Car Preparation, Car Setup, Trackside Services,

PM me for more info

Comment

Tip for young players. If youtube offers to "fix" your apparently shaky video, dont fucking do it. That looks fucked.

Comment

Nice, gotta love it when an ancient ecu actually works properly first go.

Has it got the decapped wrx injectors in it? 700 odd cc's worth?
              David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
              You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Nah, still rocking the stockers for now. Main aim is to get the thing up and running and then will fark about with go faster stuff later on.

Comment

As this is currently living under a trap and doesn't appear to require too much more, working bee at Sketchy's?

List of items to be completed :-

Needs shifter cable (B&M type)
                  Needs bend from turbo outlet to cooler in piping (2inch 90deg bend/clamps)
                  Needs radiator outlet on engine to meet radiator inlet (35/38mm TBC, OD bend possibly)
                  Tailshaft potentially to be revisited
                  Needs exhaust from under car back out (2/3inch NFI re size)
                  General tidy up wiring etc
                  Probably more that I haven't captured.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post

Quoted for ear.

Keen on working bee to finish this.

Will bring zip ties...
                    www.prerunner.com.au
                    - Facebook
                    - Instagram

Comment

Super keen to finish it. Was going to work on it today actually but ended up quite hungover from the bbq unsurprisingly. I have some plasterboard to finish putting up to move it back in the garage but nothing stopping us doing it on the driveway.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BMWTurbo View Post
                        As this is currently living under a trap and doesn't appear to require too much more, working bee at Sketchy's?

List of items to be completed :-

Needs shifter cable (B&M type)

Yes

Needs bend from turbo outlet to cooler in piping (2inch 90deg bend/clamps)

No. Looking at the video of the first start a few pages back shows I have that bit.

Needs radiator outlet on engine to meet radiator inlet (35/38mm TBC, OD bend possibly)

Yes, but I also remember I was going to make this out of copper pipe for something different so easy job.

Tailshaft potentially to be revisited

Yeah it's pretty fucken rugged.

Needs exhaust from under car back out (2/3inch NFI re size)

Yes. Need 1.5m 3" tube. Have cannon muffler in shed.

General tidy up wiring etc
                        Probably more that I haven't captured.
                        Original post quoted with questions answered.

Updated list from memory:
                        3 bar map sensor
                        Tuning (old laptop running Dos or old enough for Haltech connector)
                        Wire up gearbox and MV box controller (maybe see if parts can be mixed and matched for higher stall?)
                        Tranny cooler and lines
                        Better brakes
                        Wire up gauges/warning lights
                        Wire up thermo fans
                        Maybe get tricky with meth spray on cooler
                        Skids.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody interested in taking this off my hands? I'm keen to get it done but am more interested in the E30 and getting stuck into my range rover tourer project so it needs to go.

Done a little more work to it of late and have also organised a set of staggered wheels for it (16" rear, 15" front) that are off being powdercoated in gloss black.

Would seriously consider swapping it for some concreting work to get my new shed slab done or a small tinny for fapping about on Sunday arvos in the local creek.

Comment

Working...
                          X