free datsun sunny

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V6's are now out of the running unfortunately as much as I would love to have a proper v6 in the bay, but an alternative plan has been hatched and as soon as the car is in my posession will be underway.

Watch this space :D
    Originally posted by Dimi
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

WTF is a MOO engine?

Comment

Commodore V6, sounds like a cow
        Originally posted by Mr Jones
        Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Pics?
          Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

I reckon get Al to put something like a ca in it
            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Behold the Sunny of Doom:

Engine of doom

Headlight of doom

Rear quarter of doom

Rear quarter and door of doom

Rear quarter of doom again

Steering wheel of doom

And the whole reason I took the car in the first place, the Gear Shifter Of Ultimate Doom™

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Ultra Hektik ET Turbo seats of Winning Doom™

Still trying to hustle old mate to drag it out of his shed for me so work can begin.

Comment

I'll give you $100 for it now :D

You can keep the Gear Shifter Of Ultimate Doom™

Comment

thats awesome, I like.

If u need any bits phil let me know.

I might have a dodgy old surge tank and a few other 'conversion' things that I'd be happy to see go to a good home for SFA. I have a N13 pulsar radiator that might suit the conversion too , plus some other random shit I've collected. Useful?

Keep in mind mate, the diff's in these are made of glass. Lock it straight away and keep in mind it will break.

Comment

fuck that's actually an ok car

maybe make it into a $13's for $2,000 keeper rather than a 13s for $1,300?
                    Originally posted by 350stato
                    100% agree with Shifty

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                      thats awesome, I like.

If u need any bits phil let me know.

I might have a dodgy old surge tank and a few other 'conversion' things that I'd be happy to see go to a good home for SFA. I have a N13 pulsar radiator that might suit the conversion too , plus some other random shit I've collected. Useful?

Keep in mind mate, the diff's in these are made of glass. Lock it straight away and keep in mind it will break.
                      Cheers bloke, I'll know more once the car is actually in my possesion and I've had a good eyeball over it and work out what goes where.

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                      fuck that's actually an ok car

maybe make it into a $13's for $2,000 keeper rather than a 13s for $1,300?
                      Yeah nah, I have too many cars/projects to bother keeping an old datsun in the driveway for lols. If anything I'd buy that turbo corolla with A/C and shit for $2500 than keep this. Will be a project to learn some conversion techniques. Basically I want Al to show me how to do it and and then do it myself. I'll tidy it up after the comp, throw some nice wheels on it and flog it.

Comment

Ok, the plan for the car and costings is this so far:

Datsun Sunny - free ($50 - $100 nominal value?)

N/A CA18DE auto complete drivetrain - $500

Haltech E6K sitting under my bench at home - $150?

Ghetto steampipe manifold with TDO5H or similar found under Al's pile of subaru aids shit - $200

XR6 Turbo stock cooler - $50

Spare BMW bosch 040 EFI fuel pump residing in the e30 - $40

3" exhaust also lifted from Al's pile of subaru aids shit - carton of beer?

Tailshaft modified in Al's shed - Another carton of beer

A complete roll of mig wire to weld the diff centre unless a 720 ute diff comes up cheap - $100

Steel for mounts, brackets, odds and ends, plus random piping and silicone joiners - $150

Comes in for a grand total of $1290 bucks nominal value but an actual spend of closer to 900 bucks or less seeing as most of the bits I need I already have.

I really wanted to shoehorn a Toyota 3MZ or similar in for sooper WTF value but price and availability of RWD auto boxes to suit killed that idea straight up.

Plan now is a smallish turbo, locked diff and ghetto shift kitted/tweaked auto and try to get the car off the line as quick as possible. The car weighs around 900kg by the book so with a sub 2 sec 60ft around 250hp should easily see it run deep into the 13's at somewhere between 105-110mph. As long as the diff doesnt explode. Or the tailshaft shears and stabs me in the face. Or it rusts to bits before I get past the 60ft. I'll do a few runs with full trim and the like and then start stripping the car down to see if it makes any difference.

So there you have it, keep it simple, add some lightness see where we end up

P.S. Datusn gurus, whats the go with brake upgrades? Bluebird struts or similar? I actually want the car to pull up at the end of the quarter and also not kill the cunt who buys it off me after the comp is over.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchypiMp View Post

P.S. Datusn gurus, whats the go with brake upgrades?
                          Stanza girlocks. Diff upgrades, u want a S12 Gazelle solid rear end. That will 'fit' in, but flog bushes. The 720 diff is a for leaf springs, these run a funky 4link kinda setup. S12 is H190 like the 720 but the mounting is close enough.

A series 3 bluebird TRX diff might fit too, you'd need to check.

Comment

awesome score!
                            Thought sunny was leaf like 120Y?
                            Hoonboy may still have a 720 diff?
                            Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                            my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Do diff upgrades form part of the cost or are they put in the safety catagory?

Otherwise the diff upgrade will have to be ten bucks or less :D

Comment

diff with factory rear disks is a safety item :D

Comment

Working...
                                X