free datsun sunny

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gearbag is done, engine plates and rubber mounts are modded to suit the original cross member and managed to snaffle some steampipe style tube and RHS offcuts today whilst doing a quote in Geebung. Owners found it quite amusing that I jumped into the steel bin in my office gear fishing around for scrap. Went and got a bottle of argosheild, new helmet and bottle reg for the welding to start this arvo.

While mounting the gearbox I had a squizz at the shifter arrangement on the side of the box. There is actually enough room for the shifter and rod to swing in its normal fashion from 1st up to N on the side other than what looks like a small seam towards the front of the tunnel. I reckon I can knock it flat and shifter will work as per factory but I'll see if I can snaffle a ratchet shifter for ease of skids anyway.

Actual spend so far is around $650 bucks for the motor/box and sundry turbo gear. I reckon I can pull it in for not much more than a grand of actual coin, allowing for anything I havent thought of so far.

Winrar.exe
    Originally posted by Dimi
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

i'll find those shifter brackets tonite for you..

Comment

What is with the 'similar threads' down the bottom? Fuckinlol!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan_Tinkler View Post
          :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Fuckin GOLD!!!
          BA GT
          13s for $1300 TE Cortina wagon! Thermighty!!

Comment

Nice! Go the turbo 4!
            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

We pulled the intake manifold off to find room to make engine mounts. So what is the go with the variable runners on these? They just have throttle plates on one inlet of each cyl that I assume stay closed, then open at high RPM. Do people normally bin this setup? Does it actually work well enough to keep? Can we ghetto the actuation of it so that it opens once the engine sees boost or something? (better than nothing?)
              10.83 @ 125

Quickest stock exhaust manifold stud 2JZ in Aus.

Originally posted by cracka
              Some conclusions empirically were that a large protruding ridge like a prolapsed arsehole around the runner was largely beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan_Tinkler View Post
                Idungeddit :w:

Comment

Originally posted by 2JZR31 View Post
                  We pulled the intake manifold off to find room to make engine mounts. So what is the go with the variable runners on these? They just have throttle plates on one inlet of each cyl that I assume stay closed, then open at high RPM. Do people normally bin this setup? Does it actually work well enough to keep? Can we ghetto the actuation of it so that it opens once the engine sees boost or something? (better than nothing?)
                  Yep, it is usually binned.
                  Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Anyway, some pics of the progress so far.

Have some dodge iphone pics of the engine and shit being pulled out but thats nothing exciting. Can put them up if anybody really has a hard on for it.

Gearbox mounted after cutting out the existing mounts tacked into the tunnel. Thought about making something fancy. Couldnt be fucked. Did this instead.

Fuck the Origin, there's go fast to be made

A12 out, CA18 sitting in place minus all unwanted accessories, loom and inlet manifold ready to get started.

Cut the plates and modified some random engine mounts to go onto the stock Datsun cross member.

Plate on the block, plate on the mount, zot together with some black steel tube. One passenger engine mount. Left enough off each side to tack on some triangulated bracing if needed.

Looks a bit haggard but sturdy enough for a puny CA

Drivers side was a little more fiddly due to a large brace running from the bellhousing under the factory mount. Gave it the finger, clearenced it with the grinder so flat plate could be used the same as the passenger side.

Was starting to get on a little bit at this stage so left the cutting and grinding for a bit and went to work with the dry ice and sound deadener. Bought 14kg, used less than 5 to do the whole car. Fucken One the plus side I have nearly 10kg of dry ice if anyone wants to chuck it on someones pool or toilet for lols.

It was about this time myshorty rocked up and it was decided fuck the nieghbours lets sort the other engine mount

So while he did that I took the chance to snap some of the other bits I have accumulated for the build

Ebay spec low mount stainless manifold

RB25 turbo with all lines and stainless twin dump (which has turned out to be some hektik highflowed thing that I'll take some more pics of so it can be properly identified)

Decent sized cooler being painted black while Az was blowing holes in the plate, swearing a bit, welding and grinding and declearing the mount structural once painted with strong paint

Moving along pretty quickly now

So this weekend will be finishing and tiding the mounts and painting them and starting on cooler and turbo mounting/dump pipe

Comment

Those mounts look awesome! excellent idea (way better than my thinking!)

Comment

that is awesome.

Comment

Awesome +3

How did you only use 5kg of dry ice? I used 8kg and I'm not finished

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                            Those mounts look awesome! excellent idea (way better than my thinking!)
                            Cheers mate, I'm beginning to understand why people like fucking with Datsuns because they are just so easy to modify due there being nothing in them. There is an obscene amount of nothing in the front end of this car, honestly couldnt have picked a better car to do this too. Also, know anyone interested in some Sunny bits? I want my driveway cleaned up ASAP.

Originally posted by <---cop View Post
                            Awesome +3

How did you only use 5kg of dry ice? I used 8kg and I'm not finished
                            See the above. There was only about 4 sheets of sound deadener in the whole car. Nothing in the boot at all and none up under the dash. If you want some more dry ice come get it before it goes off.

Comment

dump pipe looks like a HKS divorced dump for the skylines (or a replica).

Comment

Yup, no HKS branding that I can see. Isnt going to be of any use for this project unfortunately now unless we chop it and spin it around. Farken thing points straight at the bellhousing

Comment

Working...
                                X