X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchy
    replied
    Anybody interested in taking this off my hands? I'm keen to get it done but am more interested in the E30 and getting stuck into my range rover tourer project so it needs to go.

Done a little more work to it of late and have also organised a set of staggered wheels for it (16" rear, 15" front) that are off being powdercoated in gloss black.

Would seriously consider swapping it for some concreting work to get my new shed slab done or a small tinny for fapping about on Sunday arvos in the local creek.

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWTurbo View Post
    As this is currently living under a trap and doesn't appear to require too much more, working bee at Sketchy's?

List of items to be completed :-

Needs shifter cable (B&M type)

Yes

Needs bend from turbo outlet to cooler in piping (2inch 90deg bend/clamps)

No. Looking at the video of the first start a few pages back shows I have that bit.

Needs radiator outlet on engine to meet radiator inlet (35/38mm TBC, OD bend possibly)

Yes, but I also remember I was going to make this out of copper pipe for something different so easy job.

Tailshaft potentially to be revisited

Yeah it's pretty fucken rugged.

Needs exhaust from under car back out (2/3inch NFI re size)

Yes. Need 1.5m 3" tube. Have cannon muffler in shed.

General tidy up wiring etc
    Probably more that I haven't captured.
    Original post quoted with questions answered.

Updated list from memory:
    3 bar map sensor
    Tuning (old laptop running Dos or old enough for Haltech connector)
    Wire up gearbox and MV box controller (maybe see if parts can be mixed and matched for higher stall?)
    Tranny cooler and lines
    Better brakes
    Wire up gauges/warning lights
    Wire up thermo fans
    Maybe get tricky with meth spray on cooler
    Skids.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Super keen to finish it. Was going to work on it today actually but ended up quite hungover from the bbq unsurprisingly. I have some plasterboard to finish putting up to move it back in the garage but nothing stopping us doing it on the driveway.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Sketchji
    replied
    Originally posted by Sketchy View Post

Quoted for ear.

Keen on working bee to finish this.

Will bring zip ties...

Leave a comment:

• BMWTurbo
    replied
    As this is currently living under a trap and doesn't appear to require too much more, working bee at Sketchy's?

List of items to be completed :-

Needs shifter cable (B&M type)
    Needs bend from turbo outlet to cooler in piping (2inch 90deg bend/clamps)
    Needs radiator outlet on engine to meet radiator inlet (35/38mm TBC, OD bend possibly)
    Tailshaft potentially to be revisited
    Needs exhaust from under car back out (2/3inch NFI re size)
    General tidy up wiring etc
    Probably more that I haven't captured.

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Nah, still rocking the stockers for now. Main aim is to get the thing up and running and then will fark about with go faster stuff later on.

Leave a comment:

• JZK25
    replied
    Nice, gotta love it when an ancient ecu actually works properly first go.

Has it got the decapped wrx injectors in it? 700 odd cc's worth?

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Tip for young players. If youtube offers to "fix" your apparently shaky video, dont fucking do it. That looks fucked.

Leave a comment:

• Glenno
    replied
    Thanks Sketchy

The thing definatley sounds healthy started to fire as soon as the injectors bled the air out.

Leave a comment:

• fat910
    replied
    That camera work was tripping me out!

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Thread from the dead.

Got the shits and enlisted Glenno's help with this nugget today. Is now a runner and sounds very healthy/cranky. Started fabbing cooler pipes but was having some issues with my helmet after not being used for 6 months so first weld looked like I gave it to steven hawking for a laugh so gave up shortly after.

Will finish cooler piping tomorrow and possibly the exhuast if I'm motivated enough. Dumping at the gearbox is lol worthy but ultimately will see me in jail while tuning the thing. Still chasing a 3bar GM map sensor if anyone has a spare. If anyone has a TIG and can do alloy I'm happy to provide some beers to assist with finishing the radiator piping as well.

Massive props to Glenno by the way. If anyone needs a car sorted the guy has a wealth of knowledge and works like a ninja. He did a heap of background work getting the Haltech to stop speaking gibberish via a DOS emulator and got the base map loaded up. Plugged it all in today and started on the second or third crank.

DrivenFX all the way

Leave a comment:

• JZK25
    replied
    No trigger input no spark. Don't worry about that til the ecu is configured.

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    More shit is happening on this.

Got the tailshaft in tonight, tidied up the fuel line and started running the cables to relocate the battery to the boot.

Shifter cable has royally shat itself so looks like I may have to take a chunk out of the remaining budget and get one that works or try to mod the factory selector rod somehow.

Got the Haltech almost finished, igniters wired and mounted, injectors in and the car cranking nicely. Got to load up the base map as I believe the original map is from one of Coffin's earlier 13b turbo set ups.

One problem we are having currently, the ignitors are obviously giving spark as the plus will zap once when the ignition is turned on but refuses to keep sparking when the car is cranking over. Most of the sensors are connected bar the map sensor for the haltech, any gurus able to shed some light on this issue? Will running the correct base map solve this?

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Cheers bloke. I will be hitting you up for some wiring advice shortly, tired of waiting on other cunts who never turn up. Time to learn to do it myself.

Got any suggestions for those injectors too? As you mentioned the sti 440's are shorter than the stockers so either the fuel rail mounts need to be modified or some sort of collet machined up to house the injectors.

Leave a comment:

• JZK25
    replied
    Stellar work on the slide hammer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X