Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13s for $1300 FWD Challenge

Okay guys so I'm calling it. Lets kick off the 13s for $1300 FWD Challenge. There seems to be some interest in this and I reckon it's worth a shot. Personally it'll be interesting to get out of my comfort zone.

Rules are basically the same as last time, but with FWD cars. Just to nip it in the bud now, no AWD cars (unless you want to run without rear tailshaft or halfshafts).

Objective - To buy & build a car that will do a 13.99 second pass down the 1/4 mile drag strip for Aus$1300 or less.

Price - Aus$1300 or cheaper as a total cost is the desired goal, penalty’s will be applied if you go over this amount. this will apply if you go over by your own admission, if your fellow competitors make a complaint to the judge, or if the judge deems you to be taking the piss.

Safety - Brakes, brake lines, brake fluid, brake pads, etc, are all free from any costings. Safety is the priority here and the car must have good brakes on each wheel. A working handbrake is required. Driver's seat is cost-free and must be properly mounted. Seat belts are cost-free and must be in good condition, no fraying, etc, and the mounts & brackets must be rust-free and solid. Steering & associated mechanisms are also cost-free and expected to be in excellent condition. A solidly-mounted fire extinguisher with drivers reach must be fitted and it is cost-free. Tyres must be road-legal or if racing tyres be at least minimum manufacturers allowable tread depth, tyres are not included in your build cost. The drag-strip apparel safety rules must be followed but as a minimum you are also required to wear a helmet and long clothes or race suit while driving. Once again no safety equipment counts towards your total cost

Costing free stuff - We all have a bunch of stuff lying around our sheds and so would be able to claim "I have a free engine" and so on, but we have to have a general costing for no-purchased engines. Paint and damage/rust repairs are cost-free.
    update: Weight based costings removed due to public demand. All free items, both parts and cars must be declared by the builder and a fair market value provided, if other competitors feel the declared price is unfair they can lodge a complaint with the judge who will review

Other freebie stuff, like wheels and parts so on have a nominal cost and should be declared by the competitor, ie if you have a spare rb26dett laying around go fuck yourself, but if you have a spare turbocharger and you can prove that second hand its worth $100 then its worth $100. If you have however managed to buy a car and or parts at an extremely low cost and you can provide real bullet proof evidence of this then you gain, and we will accept it.

Modifications - They are expected. Standard cars can't be entered because that's cheating and very un-PF. You can remove anything you like from the car, but it must appear roadworthy. Seats (apart from the drivers seat) are removable. Trim, sound deadening, hood lining, etc, may be removed. All removed parts may be sold to recoup costs but you can't reduce the build price with the parts sold. The car however does not need to be registered. NOS is encouraged for both the cars and the drivers.

Scoring & classes - Two classes; naturally aspirated, and forced induction, but only one prize given out. There is a factoring system we've worked out to see who spent their money the most wisely and did the best job. The winner is determined by a super-secret equation including vehicle age, general fuckedupness, reliability of country of origin, unlikelihood of success, and the organisers whim as determined by totally unscientific, and almost certainly totally unfair, pit-side opinion and chitchat.

There's also the people's choice award for the most popular car.*

General - The cars must appear to be road-registrable and if they are registered that is also cost-free. Judges are the admins and mods from PF, and such are completely corruptible. Times must be obtained at an official drag strip and also be proven with an official copy of the run. All the runs must be in by the end of Sept 2012 for judging.

Penalty’s - if you go over the $1300 limit either by your own admission or the ruling of the Supreme Judge Lord Sherwood the Great of the Coast of Gold. If you admit to going over budget then for every Aus$100 over Aus$1300 you lose one tenth of a second. If you do not admit and are called out, you lose 2 tenths per $100. Lowest total ET is the winner.

Competitor complaints - this is called 13's for $1300 not 13's for whatever you can afford as long as its close to $1300. if a competitor feels another competitor is taking the piss then you can register a private complaint to the judge who will review the situation. Only fellow competitors are allowed to complain, if your an arm chair racer, go fuck yourself

*Prize, if you win you will receive the Performanceforums Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory, the shaft of which, will forever be engraved with your name, your ownership of this awesome prize will be for 12 months until the competition is repeated again, cars that have previously competed can not enter next year.

*may actually be no prizes

So get to it, buy and build a FWD car for under $1300 and get it running 13.99 or quicker. Have it done by the end of September and you'll be king of the interwebs.

ok.
    Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

In.
      Originally posted by lickmyleftone
      But by all means drink a litre of rum, double bag the old fella and grunt one up it. If that floats ya boat.

Comment

In
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

I'd say I'm in, but I'd like to finish one project first... :p
          BA GT
          13s for $1300 TE Cortina wagon! Thermighty!!

Comment

I'll be in when I clear the decks a bit. Just bought nopics a Falcon wagon that need a couple little things and rego, then re-rego my falcon and hopefully sell a few of the vehicle laying around here at the moment. This latest purchase means we'll have five EL/EF falcons here at the moment, plus three valaints and two commodores.

but I've got plans

Just noticed the neighbour out the back has an Excel manual sitting there looking for a home. Might have a chat with him.

Comment

ive got an AE82 corolla hatch minus engine and box if anyone wants it for the challenge.

price: $0.
              Originally posted by Rdyno
              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
              Originally posted by Tripper
              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

In, but i have no idea what car to start with, would also prefer to keep reg is i'm not man enough to trailer a car slower than 10.5 to the track
                2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
                SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
                1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
                -------------------------
                http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
                  ive got an AE82 corolla hatch minus engine and box if anyone wants it for the challenge.

Sounds like a starting point to me, get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by OKE020 View Post
                    In, but i have no idea what car to start with, would also prefer to keep reg is i'm not man enough to trailer a car slower than 10.5 to the track
                    Back issues of zoom are good research. Was looking at one today with a CC lancer coupe and a Honda Civic, both in the twelves and the Honda did it NA.

Comment

an AE82 corolla with camry drivetrain would piss it in.. would probably fit ok too

scott, id love to join this but one 13's for $1300 project at a time!! i shall shout from the sidelines though
                      Originally posted by Rdyno
                      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                      Originally posted by Tripper
                      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Originally posted by OKE020 View Post
                        Cordial with the race box lol

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post

definite maybe, will let you know as soon as I check out something...
                          E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Comment

If I had more time I'd give it a go in a stripped out TE or later V6 Fagna.
                            Originally posted by GSRman
                            looks like someone stuck a zooper dooper in her pooper
                            PSN: Tobed0g90

Comment

So can I keep going with my mk1 Golf ?
                              I wanna do 8s bruv! Without no stinkin' POWERCHIP

Id rather have a rock in my shoe when hikin' than have a POWERCHIP in my car when racin'

Comment

Working...
                              X