X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard the cv's today they'll love boost.. Lol

Comment

Have the fixed the manual gearboxes on these? A mate with an earlier excel went through four in about two years with just a stock car.

Projects:
      '90 2jz-gte 929
      '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

Hoping sensible type driving might help it live
        2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
        SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
        1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
        -------------------------
        http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

Cv's will be fine in a straight line.

The twin cam boxes are just over 9 times better than the earlier ones.
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Originally posted by OKE020 View Post
            Hoping sensible type driving might help it live
            I see a flaw in your theory.
            Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by nine2nine View Post
              Have the fixed the manual gearboxes on these? A mate with an earlier excel went through four in about two years with just a stock car.
              Also, The nasty clutches that were factory fitted used to give off so much dust that they jammed starter motors
              Originally posted by Stix Z
              i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
              Originally posted by Jim
              Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

these things are strangled at the throttle.

bung a bigger throttle body on it and change nothing else and you will have a noticeable seat of the pants improvement.
                Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

As has been said, twin-cam boxes are much, much better than the earlier boxes.

CVs/driveshafts should be fine if you put some in that aren't fucked to start with. The engines are notorious for being full of sludge, having probably only ever had 2 oil changes in 200,000kms. Flush some fresh oil through it in quick succession and get rid of the gunge, and it will be fine. Clutch slave cylinders are also a common fault, as are the gear shift cables and particularly the cable ends.

Will be interesting to see how this goes with a turbo. I'm thinking about picking up another cheapie just for shits and giggles and motorkhana goodness.
                  Right now I'm eating scrambled egg. With a comb! Out of a shoe!

Comment

Sounds like good news on the gearbox front then. I plan to run a bit of diesel in the oil in an attempt to de glug it. Got to pull the sump to fix leak and do oil return so can check the pickup etc while in there.

Can't seem to find what size the stock injectors are on the net. Think it's about time I built a flow bench anyway.
                    2JZ KE20 Corolla 7.97 @ 178
                    SR20DET Gemini 8.70 @ 157
                    1UZFET KE20 Corolla 9.60 @ 140
                    -------------------------
                    http://www.oke020.com

7.xx is no longer a challenge (sort of)

http://www.clevelandexhaust.com.au

Comment

180cc rings a bell...

Comment

Originally posted by myshortyboomba View Post
                        these things are strangled at the throttle.

bung a bigger throttle body on it and change nothing else and you will have a noticeable seat of the pants improvement.
                        Donnon did a twin throttle setup on one of these in an early issue of Zoom before it got supercharged and made some serious extra power, 20-30hp from memory. Turbocharging negates any need for that carry on however.

One of these with twin throttles and happy gas would be some lols though.......
                        Originally posted by Dimi
                        80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                        Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                        My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

That's what I'd do.

Bigger throttle/manifold, extractors and a healthy shot of NOS. job done.
                          Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

Originally posted by myshortyboomba View Post
                            That's what I'd do.

Bigger throttle/manifold, extractors and a healthy shot of NOS. Clutch done.
                            fixored

Comment

2 ltr from lantra bolts straight in. they made a 110kw version. with some gas, i have thought about that before. the 130kw v6 also fits.
                              3 broken mitsubishi's (fuck im stupid)
                              camry (daily)
                              200 series cruiser (wifeys)

Comment

the twin throttle bodies was a kit. In the process of my grand scheme of selling everything that isn't bolted down, I'm sure I flicked through some old FFR and H4's the other day with ads for excel stuff. Surely those old workshops are still around?

someone on bmsc was giving away an excel not that long ago
                                Originally posted by Stix Z
                                i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                                Originally posted by Jim
                                Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X