Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13/04/1300 Mazda 626 Turbo

Yep. Nah.

Haven't read the rules yet. Have now.

Didn't plan on winning the auction for this. Went $85 over my limit, so yes I did.

Wouldn't have a clue how to modify it. Getting there.

Have $814.99 to spend on it. Have $18.5 to spend on it.

Have more responsible things I should be doing with my money. nothing better to do with my money

Have more responsible things I should be doing with my time. nothing better to do with my time

Won't get anything back for it.

Better run a fucking 13.999sec quarter by the time it's done.

Fuck you PF and your stuipd challenges! awesome challenges!

Apparently: starts & runs, 1 owner since new, 264k kms & recently de-registered.
    Hopefully I get to pick it up this weekend. Hopefully it is in bad enough condition that I don't feel guilty ripping it to bits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

88 mazda 626 turbo.....................................ebay..................................485
    rx7 s5 turbo + fittings + dump pipe flange......ebay..................................100
    intercooler & piping......................................pf.......................................0
    2nd intercooler & piping...............................ebay...................................10.50
    Haltech E6K w/ loom....................................boost cruising......................220
    evo 6.5 fuel injectors & pump.......................gumtree..............................100
    3 bar map sensor........................................ebay...................................26
    3" exhaust.................................................my mate..............................40
    clutch upgrade............................................NPC clutch...........................170
    14" thermofan............................................my mate..............................30
    fuel tank plate............................................my shed..............................10
    intercooler plate..........................................my shed..............................5
    tube for intercooler piping............................exhaust shop........................40
    silicon bends for intercooler piping................ebay....................................20
    manual boost controller...............................my mate..............................7
    fuse panel..................................................ebay....................................8
    sheet for wheel well delete...........................my shed..............................10
    used pod filter............................................my shed...............................10
    total.................................................. .................................................1281.5

remaining.................................................. ..........................................18.5

Awesome! Even the wheels look like turbos

Comment

Looks nice enough, rip the shit out of it.

Comment

Watching!
        Originally posted by thebluerx7
        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Preliminary plan:

car---------------------------------------------------------------------- 485
          larger intercooler---------------------------------------------------- 50
          upgraded intercooler plumbing, silicon & hose clamps------- 50
          3" dump pipe w/ bypass to atmosphere------------------------ 50
          larger turbo----------------------------------------------------------- 100
          misc. turbo fittings--------------------------------------------------- 50
          fuel controller--------------------------------------------------------- 70
          injectors or adjustable FPR---------------------------------------- 80
          larger fuel pump----------------------------------------------------- 80
          clutch------------------------------------------------------------------- 200
          total-------------------------------------------------------- 1215

If I'm smart I'll do the mods in stages and combined with hopefully 100kg weight reduction maybe not all mods will be required (highly doubt it).

Comment

i have an assuming larger than standard intercooler you can take with all associated piping (not that it will be any use but i dont want the shit) for free...

its factory jzz30 soarer gear to give you a reference size... side mount gayness but might suit in some way shape or form to turn into a top mount... who knows... you have a welder and cutting diskst to make it into what you want and its free...

Comment

sweet, should be a good one. take every single thing out of it. keep the driver's seat only. should drop a fair bit of weight.

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

www.showgroundsphysio.com.au

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by ga70tt View Post
                i have an assuming larger than standard intercooler you can take with all associated piping (not that it will be any use but i dont want the shit) for free...

its factory jzz30 soarer gear to give you a reference size... side mount gayness but might suit in some way shape or form to turn into a top mount... who knows... you have a welder and cutting diskst to make it into what you want and its free...
                yeah man! i'll take it. pls pm me some pick up details and your favourite beer/spirit and i'll give you a 6 pack for it if that isn't too stingy.

i'm assuming it has aluminium (not plastic) end tanks?

Comment

no need for anything for it... free is free...
                  will send you address for pickup though...

i think it has alloy end tanks but tbh i havent looked at it for years and its been in a box in my shed doing nothing... looked to be reasonable condition though lol

Comment

series 5 rx7 turbo purchased the other night

jzz30 factory side mount intercooler from ga70tt (thanks). might look at welding two of these in parallel if i can find another.

Comment

turbo looks twinscroll/entry, how are you going to make that work?

Comment

i might try and create a 'knife edge' on the transition piece i'll fab up between factory manifold and rx7 turbo

Comment

finally she's in my shed!

this too!

some features:
                          the sunroof that never seals

adjustable suspension

mother flipping ants

got to get a road worthy before i can get too crazy, but i will try and do as much weight reduction that i think i can get away with before then

steel upper radiator support brackets swapped out with aluminium ones (weight saving 0.2g)

cruise control unit removed

unwanted crap removed from accelerator pedal
                          before

after

'the pile'. once it starts getting large i'll start weighing it. i'm hoping for 100kg to be removed witout a copper knowing what's going on if he/she has a sticky beak

took her for a lap around my back yard and it's no rocket ship but it goes alright. i think it weighs about 1300kg and has about 100 flywheel kws - not really much power to weight by todays standards, even for a naturally aspirated car.

Comment

Turbo is too big. I had one on my mx6, made 2 psi in first
                            caprice nugget.

Comment

isn't first gear very much traction limited anyway? (i guess not at the strip with proper tyres.) what about 2nd gear onwards, pull much harder?

edit: forgot about the mx6 thread

Originally posted by flat cap
                              Just stop the flapper from opening 100% that's what boost cut is, just the trap door in there opens too much. Stop it and then add more fuel with jerry rigging. I had a s4 turbo on mine first, bad combo, but for drags might be ok, it would only manage 2 psi in first then 6 in 2nd then boost cut at 8 in 3rd

Comment

Working...
                              X