X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nopistons
    replied
    This was an amazing read. I can't pick a favourite moment between removing unused captive nuts and DIY-roof-splash-injector-testing

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Shit, I didn't realize it got so close to a 12 before being scrapped. Well bloody done mate.

Leave a comment:

• crack
    replied
    I wish I had the space too keep it. It was sooo close to running a 12. There was still some easy power to be gained too, but it ran out of rego and I didn't have a tow car at the time.

Leave a comment:

• I'm DJ!
    replied
    Still so cut this didn't survive in some form or another. Worth the bump for the re read.

Leave a comment:

• 02JZE Cressida
    replied
    Next project will be a Mirage MR350, which is basically going to be a 1997-2002 Mirage with a 3.5L manual Magna drivetrain in the back of it. Won't be able to start that for a few months yet though.

I need to ditch the magna you want the 3=5 manual with brand new $600 clutch $800 for the whole car

Leave a comment:

• E-Z
    replied
    Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You need to use your (considerable) skills and time on something more worthwhile than 13 for 13 projects.
    some people have more skill then money

Leave a comment:

• JCM
    replied
    Great thread, great read, nicely done...!!!

Leave a comment:

• ALLMTR
    replied
    You need to use your (considerable) skills and time on something more worthwhile than 13 for 13 projects.

Leave a comment:

• TT
    replied
    Originally posted by crack View Post
    Next project will be a Mirage MR350, which is basically going to be a 1997-2002 Mirage with a 3.5L manual Magna drivetrain in the back of it.
    Look forward to this..
    this thread was awesome so the next will no doubt be much betterer

Leave a comment:

• 02JZE Cressida
    replied
    PS you probably don't wanna hear this now but I could get you a RWC for the 626

Leave a comment:

• 02JZE Cressida
    replied
    oh so sad to see its finished.. I cut 200 kg out of my 100% stock magna it now does a 14.5 @95mph. I race kids on the street in it too. beating SS's and XR8's in a stock magna is the best $300 ive ever spent

Leave a comment:

• crack
    replied
    Cheers. I was way too much of a pussy to drive this thing on the road (fear of getting defected). The only street driving it did was to and from the drag strip. The last drag day I did was with a Supra and Skyline club and I certainly surprised a few of them (they were on street tyres and I was on drag radials but).

Next project will be a Mirage MR350, which is basically going to be a 1997-2002 Mirage with a 3.5L manual Magna drivetrain in the back of it. Won't be able to start that for a few months yet though. Interestingly it won't be an ICV but a 'modified production vehicle'.

I don't mind doing a few cashies after hours. Can the job come to my shed or do I have to come to the job?

This arrived in the mail today:

Straight to the pool room for it.

Leave a comment:

• wasas
    replied
    Ok, So I just read this thread from start to finish at work. Was worth it.

First up congrats on a great project and thanks for sharing it with us! well done for the 13.0, sucks the 12 was never there but for a street reg'd car (hehehe) a flat 13 is mighty impressive! would knock alot of supras off their high horse.

I'm amazed are your fab kills crack, I've seriously jealous of them and hate you a little... if you're in the inner west and want some cash let me know.
    All the best with the next project, I'll be keeping my eye out for it.

Leave a comment:

• Shifty
    replied
    Gearchange thing would be engine/box mounts IMO

well done regardless, very much in the spirit of this thing

Leave a comment:

• crack
    replied
    I actually feel a bit sad. Had to happen. Wasn't worth much to anyone but me. All safety features (except brakes) were compromised. Wouldn't feel right selling it and the buyer/others getting injured because of it

edit: ran out of rego and didn't want to renew it as already pay rego on enough cars. don't have a trailer to take it to the drags so it would be stuck at my place unable to be used

Leave a comment:

Working...
X