Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAZDA BPT into a ??? project

this story begins with a facebook post... Cypher, a workshop in Perth's southern suburbs had shut it's doors and the administrators were liquidating...

I was trolling the list of parts and stumbled across a Mazda BPT 1.8L motor. I used to have one of these in a 323 so at $50 I couldn't pass it up.

Here is the receipt for proof.

Transport back to the workshop cost more than the motor, but I assume that isn't included.

And here she is, complete bar fuel rail. Thankfully the 'loan car' from my workshop actually has a complete BPT stored in the boot... in pieces :D

And I have access to looms, ecus, bosch 040 in a 323 cradle, engine mounts and lots of goodies that a mate who used to play with these cars has sitting in his shed. Pricing them up might be the hard part!

So now all I need to find is a cheap 323/laser or 121 to get this into!

We're thinking 121 > BG 323 > Laser Wagon > Any other laser

Oh and pray that this thing runs... turns over OK...
    1998 BT1 Sedan. RB30 plus baby seat
    Originally posted by Mr Ed
    Anything with Fukushima in the title is bound to be great click bait.

Definitely needs to go into 121.
    Originally posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Actually I am pretty sure Scali is going to bugger off his soon for virtually nothing. I will ask tomorrow.
      Originally posted by brasher
      TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
        Actually I am pretty sure Scali is going to bugger off his soon for virtually nothing. I will ask tomorrow.
        This would be perfect, already has an "I Know TJ" sticker

Comment

cool a Perth entrant. def put this in as light as possible car. nos for fasts?

Comment

Plus 1 for laser wagon with surfboard on roof racks.
            Originally posted by thebluerx7
            The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Jelly Bean 121
              1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
              1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Comment

KA laser for lightness.

Comment

Originally posted by Imposter Forg View Post
                  KA laser for lightness.
                  Lots to do to a KA laser, you need to shave the chassis rail to fit the 1.8L, custom mounts, run efi fuel lines and modify the fuel tank to install a fuel pump (EFI for that shape was restricted to the BD Familia 1.5 Turbo... very very rare)

121 seems the best bet for lightness with some modifications required

BG 323 / KF-KH laser would bolt straight in, loom plugs in (one wire needs changing?)

BF Mazda (KC-KE Laser) I have done before mating the loom was the hardest part

Comment

Needs maor bubble.

A registered sleeper one.
                    Originally posted by Bob Vegana.
                    They strike me as a total piece of shit.

So definitely right up my alley.

Comment

i should buy one and pop it into my sisters car. she has a "carla zampatti" laser, it's a KC

edit: no, KB

Comment

Still hunting the quokka, gumtree etc for something with rego for $500

The asking price for a manual 1.5L efi bubble seems to be 3k. WTF

Comment

what about a festy? will it fit in one of those too? festys seem cheaper than 121's

Comment

I don't think it will fit in a Bubble without severe cutting of the chassis rail(s). BP is just too long for the narrow bay of the bubble...

I looked into this swap for my 121 but it all sounded too hard. B5 DOHC + turbo would fit and use the B3 gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                              I don't think it will fit in a Bubble without severe cutting of the chassis rail(s). BP is just too long for the narrow bay of the bubble...
                              No cutting of rails required apparently, need to notch one corner of the sump to fit an axel. box bolts up

Comment

Working...
                              X