Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vn wagon 13s for $1300

Giving 13s a crack. Brought a v6 vn wagon for 200$, took it out to local eighth mile drags and went 10.7 stock with full weight. Put a real old set of street radials on. Got a old wet nitrous kit I brought for 150$ off a mate. Need to run a 8.90 on 1/8th mile to run a 13.9, might need a better convertor. How much shot of nos can a stock v6 take?

there is a couple of of VN's in this section that should be able to provide a wealth of info, not to mention some of the other cars that will also have some good info

Good luck with the build and hope you run the times you want
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Good luck. We don't have much luck with new guys signing up for this project (mind you the "VN of Fury" guys were new guys)
      I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Hopefully can have nitrous installed before our Christmas meet at Warwick on the 8th December. Any idea what nitrous jet to use

Comment

Originally posted by jd2365 View Post
          Hopefully can have nitrous installed before our Christmas meet at Warwick fastest on the 8th December. Any idea what nitrous jet to use

What kit have you got?

Comment

Think its a universal sniper

Comment

Think its a universal sniper
              What jet numbers did you get? I presum it's a single fogger

Comment

We ran a 150 shot in our Red Streak VN, then decided it wasn't enough and drilled it out even more, though as I later found out the solenoids will only flow 150hp.

Things to consider: make sure the fogger doesn't move. Ours twisted in the inlet pipe and it cost us an engine.
                Make sure you have some way of triggering the NOS so it only flows at wide open throttle after about 4 grand, or get real good on the pedal. Me getting on it too early cost us a set of inlet pipes.

Making the car lighter and fitting the stall converter and a shift kit made the biggest differences. We got ours to do 12.36 but then we got bored. We were fairly sure it could run an 11 with some more setup work. Our build cost a bit under $900. Was heaps of fun and learned a hell of a lot.
                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Thanks Alot mate, was the motor stock? Also were did you buy convertor and shift kit.

Comment

Search for the Red Streak VN in this part of PF. Youtube as well.
                    Converter was from ebay, shift kit was from summit, and the motor was 100% stock. The 12.4 sec pass was on the shitty series 1 log manifolds even.

However I gutted over 100kg of weight from the car. Read the thread and learn from our effort/mistakes :D
                    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                      Search for the Red Streak VN in this part of PF. Youtube as well.
                      Converter was from ebay, shift kit was from summit, and the motor was 100% stock. The 12.4 sec pass was on the shitty series 1 log manifolds even.

However I gutted over 100kg of weight from the car. Read the thread and learn from our effort/mistakes :D
                      Thanks mate, did yous get bigger fuel rails?

Comment

What power did the vn wagons 1990 come out with stock?

Comment

125kw.
                          Originally posted by lickmyleftone
                          But by all means drink a litre of rum, double bag the old fella and grunt one up it. If that floats ya boat.

Comment

Thanks mate, did yous get bigger fuel rails?
                            hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaah!
                            hahahahaahahahahaa!!!
                            haa.
                            ahhh.

No.

Comment

So it should easy take nos, so the wet fogger system kit is easy to put on?

Comment

Working...
                              X