Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tils View Post
    It appears that it does. If you look at the picture with the view of the left side you can see there is a foot lever behind the peg. And from the other side you can see the centre stands leg...

Definitely bin that.

Originally posted by blownhemi View Post
    Fairing and all that crap would weigh a bit and have little effect over the standing quarter.

Fairings improve aerodynamics which will definitely have an effect on terminal speed. I'd put money on it being faster with fairings.

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Fairing helps you hang on at 120mph.

This also.
    Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

Comment

My 2000 VFR800 has about 35,000mi on it and the only ways you can tell are scratches on the tank and a filthy fuck swingarm. They are in the dictionary under "well-built"...

Comment

Tyres are awfully thin. Might be hard to buy sticky rubber for an 18" wheel too. I wonder how hard it is to fit a CBR600 or CBR1000 rear wheel? Might just need some spacers and get the sprocket carrier machined. Then you could buy used race rubber for bugger all.

Change the sprockets too, they're good for 150 mph on the standard gearing so you could drop a tooth at the front I reckon.

You might get lucky and come across a used system for it, that might help too. I reckon if you do the above then get drag straps to compress the forks you might just get it into the 10's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPORTBIKE-LO...7f51bd&vxp=mtr
        Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rorz View Post
          Definitely bin that.

Fairings improve aerodynamics which will definitely have an effect on terminal speed. I'd put money on it being faster with fairings.

If it was salt flats and 150-200mph I'd agree but this is quarter mile and you're only at those speeds for a couple seconds. Light weight wins over aero dynamics for the low end of the drag racing scale.

If it was me I'd strip the fucker down.

Comment

Sticky rubber in 18" is not common, I know, my Kat runs 18" wheels.
            There is no way my Kat would be faster sans fairing.
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Plan of attack is get it running and do a test run as is, then pull bits off from there. The tyre thing probably wont have and effect, a 190 on a 5.5in rim will probably have the same upright contact patch as this tiny thing and with the traction compound at willowbank I doubt ill get it to slip anyways, if I do it could even help me a little as I learnt to drag race in townsville, which has 0 grip.

Comment

Just realised the fork seals are weeping, so a fork rebuild is on the cards too.

Comment

Originally posted by Et! View Post
                  Plan of attack is get it running and do a test run as is, then pull bits off from there. The tyre thing probably wont have and effect, a 190 on a 5.5in rim will probably have the same upright contact patch as this tiny thing and with the traction compound at willowbank I doubt ill get it to slip anyways, if I do it could even help me a little as I learnt to drag race in townsville, which has 0 grip.

I think the 190 would put more rubber on the road especially at launch with the weight transfer to the rear and obviously a Supercorsa etc is going to have more grip than ancient touring tyres. As you say though, with the prepped surface at Willowbank the skinny 18 incher might hook up great.

Bummer about the fork seals. You going to rebuild them yourself or get someone to do it?

Comment

Just do em myself, right way ups are pretty easy. http://www.boostclassifieds.com.au/a...-for-Sale.html heres a potential other contestant!

Comment

Hmmm I might be up for this challenge next year.
                      Best of luck with it.
                      Originally posted by S
                      I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

So I finally got back into the shed the other night and changed the oil and coolant, filled the battery with acid and charged it. Got the bitch cranking and it sounds sweet but it wouldnt come to life on start ya bastard alone. A couple of the fuel lines have gone so crispy I snapped them when I took the tank off so im going to get some new stuff and a few reducers (the pump has 6mm fitting and the rest it 10mm) when I get a chance. Once all thats done Im quite confident it would start and run pretty well.

Comment

As a massive jew he counter offered it to me for $400, so I coughed up the dough and here it is.
                          hate cunts like this...

Comment

It's bullshit aye, he can pick up sluts on a scooter without lifting a finger.

Comment

So I finally got back into the shed the other night and changed the oil and coolant, filled the battery with acid and charged it. Got the bitch cranking and it sounds sweet but it wouldnt come to life on start ya bastard alone. A couple of the fuel lines have gone so crispy I snapped them when I took the tank off so im going to get some new stuff and a few reducers (the pump has 6mm fitting and the rest it 10mm) when I get a chance. Once all thats done Im quite confident it would start and run pretty well.

Rebuilt the forks yet?

Comment

nope, been pretty slack, got my RD350 mostly stripped down and then went to thailand to get fucked up then raced scooters on the goldy. Now I have received some head gaskets and stem seals for the race bike (VFR400) so ill be getting into that before the first race of the year. It could take a while to get through this.

Comment

Working...
                                X