Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11s for $1100 86' VFR750f interceptor

I know it isn't an official challenge yet but fuck the lot of you i'm doing it, Here's my story.

They other day I was on the piss at a mates 30th and just happened to get talking to his mate about bikes, he mentioned he got offered a VFR for $100 and as anyone would he jumped at the opportunity, fast forward a few days and I got in touch with him and said I would take it off his hands for triple what he paid before he even laid a hand on it. As a massive jew he counter offered it to me for $400, so I coughed up the dough and here it is.

The to-do list -
    Fix the front brakes, binding up.
    Check and lube the chain and see if its salvageable
    Get it running
    ----> run an 11

So far I have drained all the fluids and checked the air filter which is in surprisingly great nick, as of today I still have $700 left.

Wish me luck

Sniper nitrous kits are about $450

What did these run new?
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Nice! Good luck!

Comment

Keen to see how this goes. Like the proactive attitude too.

Comment

Cheers lads.

Allmtr according to wiki they did a 10.95 when new, got 100hp and weigh 230kg. But this ones got almost 100,000km on the dial, with any luck my jockey weight and some weight loss and HP regaining mods ill be able to get it back to that.... or blow a gearbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Et! View Post
            Cheers lads.

Allmtr according to wiki they did a 10.95 when new, got 100hp and weigh 230kg. But this ones got almost 100,000km on the dial, with any luck my jockey weight and some weight loss and HP regaining mods ill be able to get it back to that.... or blow a gearbag.
            Surprising that they say it's so quick. ZX7R I have is supposed to do an 11.2, has 114hp and weighs 203kg?
            Watching this one with interest.
            Originally posted by lickmyleftone
            But by all means drink a litre of rum, double bag the old fella and grunt one up it. If that floats ya boat.

Comment

I never come across bargains like this. Fuggen.
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

front tyre on the right way?

Comment

I think it is, Metzler lasertec - weird huh.
                  "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

How much weight can you pull off something like this?
                    AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Haha, nice work. I bet it runs an 11 as is.

Originally posted by big_pete View Post
                      How much weight can you pull off something like this?

Not a whole lot I wouldn't think unless he removes lights, mirrors etc. Even then, those parts aren't as heavy as you'd probably think. Pillion pegs might weigh a couple kilos. You could remove the side stand and just use a paddock stand like a race bike but it's a pain in the arse and not likely to make any difference at the strip.
                      Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

Comment

Does it have a centre stand?
                        Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rorz View Post
                          Does it have a centre stand?
                          It appears that it does. If you look at the picture with the view of the left side you can see there is a foot lever behind the peg. And from the other side you can see the centre stands leg...
                          BA GT
                          13s for $1300 TE Cortina wagon! Thermighty!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rorz View Post
                            Haha, nice work. I bet it runs an 11 as is.

Not a whole lot I wouldn't think unless he removes lights, mirrors etc. Even then, those parts aren't as heavy as you'd probably think. Pillion pegs might weigh a couple kilos. You could remove the side stand and just use a paddock stand like a race bike but it's a pain in the arse and not likely to make any difference at the strip.
                            Fairing and all that crap would weigh a bit and have little effect over the standing quarter.

Comment

Fairing helps you hang on at 120mph.

Comment

Working...
                              X