13's for $1300 Barina SB #2

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is brilliant, I can't believe I'm enjoying a build thread on a barina. Excellent work as per usual.

Couple of tool related questions, what tig are you using and where did you pick up the electric die grinder? I want to port a few manifolds I have and my air compressor sucks dick.
    Originally posted by Dimi
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Mad
      BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Haha
        Cool build. Keen to see the engine swap.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
          This is brilliant, I can't believe I'm enjoying a build thread on a barina. Excellent work as per usual.

Couple of tool related questions, what tig are you using and where did you pick up the electric die grinder? I want to port a few manifolds I have and my air compressor sucks dick.
          Thanks, funny people staring at me in traffic today with all the drag writing still on the car, I had added MCM stickers to the back window too. Do they think i'm Marty or something?

It's just a Chinese special "Super 200P" TIG, cost around $1000 on Ebay a few years ago, and so far have had no problems with it.

The grinder is this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271201055537
          It's pretty brutal if these carbide tools grab and bend though.
          as short as possible

Comment

Originally posted by bugle View Post
            The grinder is this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271201055537
            It's pretty brutal if these carbide tools grab and bend though.
            How noisy is it?
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Little bit less noisy than an angle grinder. It looks to be an angle grinder without the gears.
              as short as possible

Comment

Fixed speed?
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Yeah, 27000rpm
                  as short as possible

Comment

So much squat

as short as possible

Comment

Haha was it dead that night?
                      Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones
                      If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
                      we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Comment

Yeah and it was going through pretty quickly, until the damn burnouts started.
                        as short as possible

Comment

Fuck thats terribly slow. You going to put it on a diet first/try again or just move straight onto the power bits?
                          1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
                          1980 Gemini Sedan
                          1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

Nah not going to do any weight loss, just going to add more power. Hopefully the 1.8 on low boost will have triple the power of the 1.4. It only weighs 850kg stock.
                            as short as possible

Comment

This happened to the plenum, had to cut/shut it and trim it down so that the throttle body could fit between the cam belt cover and the strut tower. Made a new flange for 304 V8 throttle body

as short as possible

Comment

Awesome fab work as always. What settings are you using to MIG the alloy manifold?

Also, please incorporate a screamer sidepipe under the front bumper once the turbo is on.
                                Originally posted by Dimi
                                80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                                Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                                My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Working...
                                X