Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13's for $1300 Crimson Tide

Yes, another red Mang Commo and yes 7 years too late. This is a challenge I really wanted to do at the time and will incorporate some other things I've always wanted to play around with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	calais.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	6633293

So most of this build is going to be a repeat of Vn of Fury and the red streak but with a distasteful difference.

Will go as followed:
    Diet
    Ghetto Turbo setup, possibly with ebay t70?
    More Diet
    minispool
    and if funds permit and bargains are found, (in no particular order) diff gears, different torque converter (pending turbo selected), shift kit, those nuts that hang from tow bar and flap about.
    I intend to leave motor completely stock with potential exception to spark plug selection and coils.

On to the distasteful difference that is going make you angry. Instead of running additional injectors or modifying the the existing injection setup. I intend to add a draw through carb setup running on a ethanol/water mix between 80-95% ethanol. Before you change my username or lynch mob me, let me further dig this hole for myself.

Get a 4 barrel vac secondary Holley between say 500 and 750cfm. remove butterflies, accelerator pump and block off idle circuit with the intention that when car is idling It is running purely on 98 octane via regular means, under load and before boost it runs almost entirely on 98 octane through the injectors. then on boost, the amount of additional alcohol introduced rises as boost rises and the duty of the injectors tapers off. I intend to make this work by having a 1inch threaded fitting on pipework between carby and turbo. in this fitting will be screwed say a brass bung. tuning will be achieved by the size of a "carby bypass hole" in bung, carby jet sizing and ratio of water to ethanol. (Bypass hole Idea may have to be binned for something variable or may not be needed at all)

the main reason I want to do this is purely because it is rediculous, I want to play with ethanol and for the fuck of it but here are a few advantages I see.
    Idle and warm up, car would run as if stock
    As boost goes up. Need for retarding timing is negated by higher amounts of alcohol which would generally require Advanced timing
    actually that is all I have....

would like to also invest in monitoring AFR via wideband, this is expensive so going to look for an OBD2 OEM computer off something junk and retrofit to monitor via blue tooth when tuning and record during passes.|

This is probs just going to end in a dead piston or lack of power under boost but if it works it will be glorious. let the hate rain
    Originally posted by E-Z
    If TK told me to close my eyes and bend over, I would.

How much did you pay for the VN Calais? Shirley that would have eaten up half the budget already?
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
    Originally posted by nutttr
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
      How much did you pay for the VN Calais? Shirley that would have eaten up half the budget already?
      Lol forgot that bit. $300 unfortunately. so got a grand left to play with
      Originally posted by E-Z

Comment

Diet, more diet but keeping towbar?
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Cool, would love to see 13s for 1300 take off again
          AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
            Diet, more diet but keeping towbar?
            can't let the nuts drag on the ground
            Originally posted by E-Z

Comment

Takes a lot of trim removal/Sheetmetal cutting to lose the weight of a towbar

Comment

I should of used italics for townuts part and my reply. don't stress, tow bar is going on gumtree tomorrow.
                Originally posted by E-Z

Comment

Such excite.

NOTF3AR3D should give you caprice for 5l donation for this
                  BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Looks like vp. IRS?

Look like fake walkies..sell to buy turbo

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Tur...sAAOSwUsJYWKHs

How bow Dah
                    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Are they 15 x 7's?

Comment

Originally posted by gtrboyy View Post
                        Looks like vp. IRS?

Look like fake walkies..sell to buy turbo

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Tur...sAAOSwUsJYWKHs

How bow Dah
                        Unfortunately yes is IRS. I never knew any VP had it and shook hands and exchanged cash. got her on trailer and went to throw strap around diff and "wait what is going on here". I would have bought it anyway. I had basically resigned to going ecotec and heavier commos by time I found this.

also, selling the ROHs to restock the fund is against the rules I suspect. Will try gumtreeing most the shit anyway to fund the beer required to see this through.
                        Originally posted by E-Z

Comment

The rules committee disbanded when Facebook became a thing

Comment

All good just means leave standard height or tad higher so when under power contact patch stays flat...also means careful with wheel offsets cant go as big or use same offset.

Look out for vt-x or whatever they are manual 3.46 diff is good conversion,minor mods less stuffing around. Always wondered if change diff quicker drilling holes in boot for access haha

Should get decent coin back if interior parts still good..stripped a few of these for interior parts

I think sell shit off a car should be + or - to tally of car,anything you sell will be spent back on it (car economics)
                            an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

not like there is a wooden cock up for grabs anymore, but still would like to keep true to the original comp. Would also like to see this bring on 1 or 2 competitors.
                              Originally posted by E-Z

Comment

Working...
                              X