X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchy
    replied
    That seems like a ridiculous amount of fuck around. Just rebuild the ZD30 or grab a wrecker motor, it only has to get you through 4 years.

FYI the old man still has mine and still going strong. They've just upgraded to a new Ranger Wildtrak so will be for sale soon.

Leave a comment:

• Paydirt
    replied
    Didn't the D22 come in V6 guise?

Leave a comment:

• Hjtonner
    replied
    with the right mounts should bolt in. radiator is the same iirc

Leave a comment:

• Crais
    replied
    had an epihpany today. r50 pathfinder are cheap as fuck and had vg33. vg33 also in d22..though i dont think all the way to 2006. could be a cheap donor for a v6 petrol + auto conversion? bonus is that i would get an r200 diff and matching h22whatever for the rear (spring perches aside)

anyone know how much an r50 actually shares with a d22? one being monocoque and the other full chassis, im guessing...not much else, but the motor, and xfer case should be pretty similar?

Leave a comment:

• Sloth
    replied
    just ls it.

these things are not worth rebuilding.

Leave a comment:

• Hjtonner
    replied
    no liners to drop.

Leave a comment:

• Crais
    replied
    given its been hot far more times than im comfortable with...would a full strip down be neccesary? i dont reallly have any reason to think anything is wrong in the bottom end..but do zd30's suffer anything like dropped liners etc after overheating?

if i fix it, i want to take it to uluru, the cape etc..perhaps ls1 isnt such a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Maybe chat with your dealer and see if you can just remove the wheel with the airbag and have them swap that.

Fix it man, dual cabs utes are too handy not to have.

Leave a comment:

• Crais
    replied
    i still have this shitter.. but i also have a car loan for the next 4years. If i were to use this time to LS it, or otherwise repair it, am I going to have buckleys of getting the Takata airbag recall done by then?

Im not towing it to the dealer and back. but i doubt i will register it in the next 4 years either

I consolidated all my shit together before i got my home loan, so now I have a house, but also this shitter for better or worse....i still havent entirely ruled out letting it rot for the remaining 4yrs and then scrapping it.

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Hopefully scrad turfs the donk and fits an LSx of some description then.

Leave a comment:

• Crais
    replied
    nah, sold the shitbox to scrad for $800 instead, bought a Hyundai Tucson, which is more suitable given my use.

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Bore scope will probably tell you what's going on before pulling the head.

Turbo's are worth nothing. Chuck a Forefront special with a Forefront cooler or even a stock D40 YD25 unit on as they are supposed to be a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Crais
    replied
    im silently hoping thats the case with mine too...but honestly mine has been far too hot far too often, so i dont have much faith there.

im also concerned that its had water in the bores for the last few months that its been sitting.

Leave a comment:

• awdmoke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister2 View Post
    I bought an 03 in Dec last year.

Had a leak in the Radiator, replaced that and was still losing water.

Just got the news the head has a hair line crack in it.

Will be doing the EGR, exhaust and intercooler once I get it back.

Other then that I've loved every min of owning it.
    Mine had been trouble free for the last two years until exactly this.
    16yo radiator had a pinhole, new radiator is bubbling gently at idle.
    The previous owner put a brand new head/turbo/alternator on it so I bought it.
    I blocked the EGR and did the swirl solenoid mod the day after I bought it.

What are the chances the head isn't cracked and throwing a new gasket in will fix it?

Leave a comment:

• Crais
    replied
    So after my brother has had this for a couple of years, I've now got this nugget back in my life, and again its trying its hardest to cook itself.

Im thinking either cracked head, or blown headgasket. I put a pressure relief cap on the radiator, and realised that if i relieve the pressure once i park, I wont have a problem on the next drive. this method was going okay for a little while the one time i forgot to do that, and the ute hasnt been started since. that was about 6 months ago now. Im pretty much expecting to have to replace the head now, what prep do i need to do to the block when i do?

also the turbo is covered in oil...any ideas what rebuilding one would cost?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X