Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

99 Ti Patrol - Duramax/Allison conversion.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock the hubs and run 4WD high, your not turning lol

Comment

As a comparison my old 4.2 clunker went 16.1@86mph. It is a fully set up tourer so quite heavy but not even in the ball park of this thing and you're only just getting started.

Projects:
      '90 2jz-gte 929
      '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

That's awesome, sorry I was too late yo see you run

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice result. When will the s472 be going in?

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
            My every day tyres, if I could have got the locker to work it probably would have had a 13 blew the tyre off first pass so took it a little easier next two,

Had a bit of a tune during the week, just a bit more fuel, no more boost yet
            Seems the yanks reckon they need 520hp to run 12s with 7000lb trucks.

Comment

Still can't get over how well it 60' (2.009) - you can tell it's not even working hard in the top end of the track - up to 100km/h it feels a bit hectic.. after that you are watching the other car.. (like the aspirated integra that drove around me)

now I'm actually on a PC.. went to dalecunt to get the trans ecu sorted out a bit better and a general check out, he chucked in some more fuel, sorted the speed ratio etc, but we still have a nagging code in the TCM that we can't turn off - wasn't really there for a hotted up tune (should have put 2 more psi in it) with the extra fuel it's a fair bit more aggressive coming on to boost (enough that on the next trip might take a little out of there)

I'll post the dyno sheet & maybe some gopro when I've paid my penance for a day at the races.

First time out at the drags for it - pretty happy, will probably have to go back for that 13 - but in its current setup/tune etc, i was fighting the heat, and single-legging was frustrating.
              This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Thanks for bringing it along man. Spewing I didn't get to hear/see it run but stoked that you had a go.

Comment

My Vid of it on the day for those that didnt see it in the MCM Thread.

Would be epic with some Compound Turbo action.

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

All good fun, next year I'll drag the hilux down with it and double enter

Biggest surprise for me in the day was that you aren't a foot shorter than moog...

Watched the in truck video, not very thrilling...should have opened the sunroof a bit for fknwoosh.

However, did stick a blue tooth dongle up in its obd, revs to a crazy 3,100, and does run to 21psi or so... now all visible on the screen, spotties are on, but the racing has angered the oil leak gods - you get that.

Comment

13 sec Patrol would be fun
                      Originally posted by Babalouie
                      Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Probably about time for an update - transmission failed
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	422.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	7082547

- got rebuilt - wasn't right (missing 2 forward gears), trans out, apart, parts replaced, put back in, borked again, trucked away, trans rebuild again, still borked, trans out, apart, replaced parts again - fixed.

Big thanks to Al -

future plans little bit more lift, bigger tires + enjoy.
                        Last edited by GSRman; 15-10-19, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Jesus.

Comment

Well we all saw how he drove it on video... no wonder it's so messy in there

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Gammaboy
                            PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitephyre View Post
                              Well we all saw how he drove it on video... no wonder it's so messy in there
                              3x low 14sec passes - no worries - racing people off the lights with cars on trailers - no worries - drive home from the shops - trans explosion

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post

3x low 14sec passes - no worries - racing people off the lights with cars on trailers - no worries - drive home from the shops - trans explosion
                                lol
                                Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X