Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to Get ... The Defender is getting old.

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    If I go the prado I will be getting the gx as I do not need all the glx gear (or 7 seats)and most of it will replaced with after market anyway, I think it's decided. The face loft 2014 model has a heap of gadgets the glx used to only have.

    Love the looks of a wrangler but again the service out west plus shit resale at the end of lease don't help it's cause.

    Thanks for all the input

    Comment


      #32
      Have you looked at 2nd hand wrangler prices? They actually hold their value really well.

      Either way, the prado will serve you well.
      Originally posted by Rdyno
      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
      Originally posted by Tripper
      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

      Comment


        #33
        4x4ing a few weeks a go with a mate and his AJ buddies, one of them had a Wrangler Unicorn..... i mean Rubicon. Was dead stock but with the diffs and the swaybar disconnects etc it did really well, Better than his 80 series with 3 inch lift, big tyres, no front sway bar etc, better than a newish pootrol lifted etc. Twas a SWB one though which obviously helped, but I'd guess a bit of lift in a LWB one would bring it back up to match?

        Comment


          #34
          Prado's are a good bit of kit, quite like them. Certainly nicer than a bloody hilux.

          Left field option is a Challenger. They've always left me impressed as hire vehicles and you can get a diesel for under $50k driveaway

          Biggest thing you'll notice when you get off the bitumen is the lack of articulation on most of these vehicles. I've never needed decent sliders / steps under the sills of cruisers/patrols (and defenders are in essence the same) however they certainly have their place on anything with IFS/IRS.

          Number of times I've idled over something without thinking or even getting out of 2H in my old cruiser and guys have either been hung up by, or ripped off, the undersides of their shiny new toys is surprising. Of course care, skill, and paying attention can go a long way to reducing the risks.

          Just saying that if you're ticking boxes at ARB or TJM think about protecting the undersides

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Spoonfed View Post
            4x4ing a few weeks a go with a mate and his AJ buddies, one of them had a Wrangler Unicorn..... i mean Rubicon. Was dead stock but with the diffs and the swaybar disconnects etc it did really well, Better than his 80 series with 3 inch lift, big tyres, no front sway bar etc, better than a newish pootrol lifted etc. Twas a SWB one though which obviously helped, but I'd guess a bit of lift in a LWB one would bring it back up to match?
            Lockers will do that. Lock the other cars and is fair game.

            Projects:
            '90 2jz-gte 929
            '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

            Comment


              #36
              You can get a 2013 PC LS spec challenger for 39990 car sales price, that's auto leather sat nav etc etc, amazing value.

              Comment


                #37
                I've got the new colorado 2.8 goes well, good on fuel and is nice to drive but with your budget is be looking at the ranger with a bunch of options.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
                  Id say Prado (or anything Toyota really lol). What about this? Love the look of them
                  http://www.jeep.com.au/grand-cheroke...eep_cherry_red

                  I dont even know if they have them in Diesel tho
                  3 Litre V6 Diesel and 8 Speed Auto. Pretty sure it's a ZF.
                  No. Driving an esky along the footpath will be the end humanity. This must be stopped.
                  "Lol!! The son of satan will rideth thine esky, wearing nought but the beater of wives and the double secured half sandle, and he will wave his hands in great mirth ushering in the end of all mankind"

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by dab.of.oppo View Post
                    3 Litre V6 Diesel and 8 Speed Auto. Pretty sure it's a ZF.
                    Yeah they are. Incredible car to drive. So much nicer than a prado and a lot more fruit

                    Lol at you people saying jeep unreliable. What a Toyota will never break ?
                    3 broken mitsubishi's (fuck im stupid)
                    camry (daily)
                    200 series cruiser (wifeys)

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I've never really liked Jeeps, but saw the new MY14 model in the flesh yesterday and geez it's a nice bit of kit. Very appealing.
                      The customer.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Paydirt View Post
                        I've never really liked Jeeps, but saw the new MY14 model in the flesh yesterday and geez it's a nice bit of kit. Very appealing.
                        The fuel economy they are getting from them is pretty amazing considering its weight and power.
                        3 broken mitsubishi's (fuck im stupid)
                        camry (daily)
                        200 series cruiser (wifeys)

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Mitsubishi Delica :knock:
                          https://www.youtube.com/hoontv
                          www.facebook.com/hoontv
                          www.instagram.com/hoontv
                          https://soundcloud.com/thehoonatics
                          etc etc

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Prado, Ho hum.... drove a new one with 60k km on it and it was typical Toyota white goods spec, uninspiring and very standard, ride quality was not what i would expect of something that price.
                            Jeep may be an option if you can get past American interior styling. Having driven an 08 Jeep commander with the Merc diesel running gear i would have that over the toyota any day, the engine and towing capacity is a giggle in a 4wd.
                            yep

                            Comment


                              #44
                              what are g500's worth there these cdays?
                              Originally posted by Babalouie
                              Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

                              Comment


                                #45
                                nigga rich moneyz
                                Originally posted by Rdyno
                                70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                                Originally posted by Tripper
                                Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X