Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to Get ... The Defender is getting old.

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Ok still waiting for my lease guys to pull there finger out and work with HR here at work

    Currently down too ..

    Prado GX
    Challenger
    New Isuzu GUX

    Jeep was too small ..

    Current thoughts are with the Challenger, price and spec wise its hard to beat.

    Comment


      #47
      Not a bad choice. Just rolled over 70000km in mine and apart from servicing have not spent a cent. Pretty agricultural compared to the prado but at 15k less for the same spec you would expect that.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have stuff...

      Comment


        #48
        What model is yours gemmy? Some bloke on a forum reckons he has done something like 170000km in his PB, basically they seem like a good rig for the $.
        Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

        “Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
        ― Jim C. Hines

        “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
        ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

        “Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
        ― Napoleon Bonaparte

        Comment


          #49
          This is going to be poo poo'd, but thought of a Disco? I've recently bought an 03 and i can't believe it is as good as it is. No experience with the newer series in your price bracket but worth considering?

          As above, not sure on the S3 and newer, but the Disco 2 is great for vertically challenged people. You feel like you are 3ft above the bonnet.
          Lightning is at my discretion - don't fuck with me

          Comment


            #50
            all 3 are going to give you a good run. i think the challenger would better equipped for the price though. just go test drive em all and see which you like the best
            Originally posted by Rdyno
            70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
            Originally posted by Tripper
            Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by 260DET View Post
              What model is yours gemmy? Some bloke on a forum reckons he has done something like 170000km in his PB, basically they seem like a good rig for the $.
              May 2012 build. Pretty happy with it really. Tows well and drives ok.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I have stuff...

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Teamgemini View Post
                Not a bad choice. Just rolled over 70000km in mine and apart from servicing have not spent a cent. Pretty agricultural compared to the prado but at 15k less for the same spec you would expect that.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Hehe compared to a defender it's quiet, plush and comfortable .. But so is a train seat

                Comment


                  #53
                  My good mate got a 2011 Challenger LS diesel manual for under $30k, had about 75k at the time on the clock and now has about 100k, is still in as new condition underneath. Alot of car for the money.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    One of our guys at work bought the challenger too. Got an epic deal on it, can't remember the number exactly but $42kish new rings a bell.

                    Has served him well, but mostly kid duty with a bit of beach work.
                    Originally posted by thebluerx7
                    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Teamgemini View Post
                      May 2012 build. Pretty happy with it really. Tows well and drives ok.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Mine is a base model auto and has done two 12 hour towing stints back to back no problem for driver comfort.
                      Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

                      “Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
                      ― Jim C. Hines

                      “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
                      ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

                      “Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
                      ― Napoleon Bonaparte

                      Comment


                        #56
                        I got the manual ls. Towed about 10k km in it with the back full of spares. Shit loads better than the Kluger it replaced. I payed 44k drive away. Could have got a better deal but bought it on Saturday, needed it for the following Monday so didn't have time to fuck around with divkhead car salesman. Mate bought a new prado at the same time, would have probably preferred that but couldn't justify the extra dollars. Resale didn't bother me, plan in giving it to the old man when I upgrade.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I have stuff...

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Maybe you said it but I missed it? But why a wagon over say a dual cab with a hard canopy?

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Because factory canopy and coil springs
                            Originally posted by Rdyno
                            70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                            Originally posted by Tripper
                            Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Bloke from the Gold Coast reckons his PB Challenger has done more than 200 thou km without any problems. Trucks keep on truckin.
                              Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

                              “Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
                              ― Jim C. Hines

                              “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
                              ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

                              “Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
                              ― Napoleon Bonaparte

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Marlin View Post
                                Maybe you said it but I missed it? But why a wagon over say a dual cab with a hard canopy?
                                Nopix's has no desire for one for some BS reason I can not beat out of her, and reality, we do not need a ute, a large cargo area is fine.

                                Down to two now,

                                Prado and the Isuzu Mu-x

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X