Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to Get ... The Defender is getting old.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeddicus
    replied
    What to Get ... The Defender is getting old.

3yr old D4. Fits budget and way better at everything than any of the others listed thus far. Also new enough for lease finance.

Leave a comment:

• kedderz
    replied
    We ended up with a pathvagina, st-l manual.

Leave a comment:

• Defender
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlin View Post
    Maybe you said it but I missed it? But why a wagon over say a dual cab with a hard canopy?
    Nopix's has no desire for one for some BS reason I can not beat out of her, and reality, we do not need a ute, a large cargo area is fine.

Down to two now,

Prado and the Isuzu Mu-x

Leave a comment:

• 260BC
    replied
    Bloke from the Gold Coast reckons his PB Challenger has done more than 200 thou km without any problems. Trucks keep on truckin.

Leave a comment:

• MRMOPARMAN
    replied
    Because factory canopy and coil springs

Leave a comment:

• Marlin
    replied
    Maybe you said it but I missed it? But why a wagon over say a dual cab with a hard canopy?

Leave a comment:

• Teamgemini
    replied
    I got the manual ls. Towed about 10k km in it with the back full of spares. Shit loads better than the Kluger it replaced. I payed 44k drive away. Could have got a better deal but bought it on Saturday, needed it for the following Monday so didn't have time to fuck around with divkhead car salesman. Mate bought a new prado at the same time, would have probably preferred that but couldn't justify the extra dollars. Resale didn't bother me, plan in giving it to the old man when I upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 260BC
    replied
    Originally posted by Teamgemini View Post
    May 2012 build. Pretty happy with it really. Tows well and drives ok.

Mine is a base model auto and has done two 12 hour towing stints back to back no problem for driver comfort.

Leave a comment:

• I'm DJ!
    replied
    One of our guys at work bought the challenger too. Got an epic deal on it, can't remember the number exactly but $42kish new rings a bell.

Has served him well, but mostly kid duty with a bit of beach work.

Leave a comment:

• Terribleone
    replied
    My good mate got a 2011 Challenger LS diesel manual for under $30k, had about 75k at the time on the clock and now has about 100k, is still in as new condition underneath. Alot of car for the money.

Leave a comment:

• Defender
    replied
    Originally posted by Teamgemini View Post
    Not a bad choice. Just rolled over 70000km in mine and apart from servicing have not spent a cent. Pretty agricultural compared to the prado but at 15k less for the same spec you would expect that.

Hehe compared to a defender it's quiet, plush and comfortable .. But so is a train seat

Leave a comment:

• Teamgemini
    replied
    Originally posted by 260DET View Post
    What model is yours gemmy? Some bloke on a forum reckons he has done something like 170000km in his PB, basically they seem like a good rig for the $.
    May 2012 build. Pretty happy with it really. Tows well and drives ok.

Leave a comment:

• MRMOPARMAN
    replied
    all 3 are going to give you a good run. i think the challenger would better equipped for the price though. just go test drive em all and see which you like the best

Leave a comment:

• JESUS CHRIST
    replied
    This is going to be poo poo'd, but thought of a Disco? I've recently bought an 03 and i can't believe it is as good as it is. No experience with the newer series in your price bracket but worth considering?

As above, not sure on the S3 and newer, but the Disco 2 is great for vertically challenged people. You feel like you are 3ft above the bonnet.

Leave a comment:

• 260BC
    replied
    What model is yours gemmy? Some bloke on a forum reckons he has done something like 170000km in his PB, basically they seem like a good rig for the $.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X