NS Pajero....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got inspired this afternoon after I work up from night shift and decided to do a valve set on the paj.. Last time they were done was 163,000 and it's got 230 on it..

Such a straight forward job made so fucking difficult by having extra dumb shit everywhere!

So the NS was notoriously bad for egr/pcv build up in the plenum and particularly the map sensors pickup (they were originally on the lower section of the manifold and would bake up solid with soot) and my paj had the upper plenum swapped to NT under warranty... The top section was pretty damn clean so I assumed the lower old be too... But It looks like I am mistaken..

Might just have to bite the bullet and pull the lower off and get it clean!

Comment

Egr block off whilst your in there.
      Maybe along with the 10mm hole in the throttle plate.

Picked our NX up straight to the hotel in went egr plate with all of 47km on it.
      Then on went the catch can at pf cunts house on the way home lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Morcs View Post
        Egr block off whilst your in there.
        Maybe along with the 10mm hole in the throttle plate.

Picked our NX up straight to the hotel in went egr plate with all of 47km on it.
        Then on went the catch can at pf cunts house on the way home lol.
        That was the first job when I bought it 18 months ago haha! That was at 170k km. The top section of manifold is clean, just a light film of pcv vapor. My guess is when they do the NT upgrade they only do the top section of the plenum?

Comment

Shit is getting very real here now...

Comment

Fuck!

Comment

Lol have fun

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
              Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Comment

Well that was a mission! But not as frustrating as I thought it would be.

Scraped out as much as I could with a screwdriver last night, Got the mrs to go get some oven cleaner this morning then went to town in the laundry sink. It probably took about 3-4 hours of spraying/scraping/washing to get the manifold spotless.
                  The intake ports on the head are a different story though! They were really blocked. #4 wasn't so bad but the other 3 were. Again I got as much as I could out with various tools and a vacuum cleaner, but I think I will have to get some sort of aerosol cleaner/treatment to get the remains. There was so damn much in there.

I took it for a decent drive and the difference is significant :D :D

Comment

Would like to do this on the triton one day. I've had catch can and EGR blank since 80thou so hoping it's not too bad in there. Have big cbf with cars atm so on the back burner.

In saying that I serviced it 2 weeks back and pulled the cooler and piping out and cleaned about 30 litres of oil from it.

Significant gains has my interests though.
                    Originally posted by Faux Forg
                    I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post

Fuck!
                      Jesus titty fucking Christ....
                      Thank fuck for owning a V6 Petrol

Comment

Originally posted by Milkman Don View Post
                        Would like to do this on the triton one day. I've had catch can and EGR blank since 80thou so hoping it's not too bad in there. Have big cbf with cars atm so on the back burner.

In saying that I serviced it 2 weeks back and pulled the cooler and piping out and cleaned about 30 litres of oil from it.

Significant gains has my interests though.
                        I've only done 15k in it since the work, but so far the difference in performance and smoothness is unreal. Definitely definitely worth the time to do it mate.

Comment

I just did the manifold on mine, maybe slightly worse than yours Kyle. I also deleted the egr and cooler in its entirety and fitted a wrx tdo4l to it. Runs fine, feels the same to drive but boost pressure more stable. Won't get to test it out like I used to as sold caravan now and only have camper trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                          You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

[QUOTE=JZK25;842800729......Won't get to test it out like I used to as sold caravan now and only have camper trailer.[/QUOTE]

Just pull the handbrake on the Camper-Trailer.. Same same

Comment

Let us know how it goes Al! Looks like it belongs there!
                              Did you have to mod the tune at all when removing the VGT control stuff?
                              Worth while sourcing one for my bus?

Comment

Thank christ they don't actually test emissions come rego time, I'd be tempted to delete EGR and DPF if I had all the dramas you blokes have.

Comment

Working...
                                X