Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NS Pajero....

Well I figured one shitbox 4x4 in the shed wasn't enough so I bought another for the wife.
    2007 Diesel NS Paj VRX auto..
    Already fitted are some nice a/t tyres, redarc trailer brake controller, 50A anderson for trailer and some extra outlets in the boot.

Had a few dramas early in ownership, 6 days.. A small fight and 1.5 weeks without it and it's now got new injectors free of charge. But that's all behind us now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paj1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	386.4 KB
ID:	6630902

Name:	paj2.jpg
Size:	447.5 KB
ID:	6630903

First mod was performed today.. Fitted and EGR blanking plate to stop any carbon buildup in the plenum and runners and bored a 12mm hole in the throttle body to prevent throwing CEL's when there's no EGR flow.

Name:	pajTB.jpg
Size:	333.0 KB
ID:	6630904

Pajeros are pretty well renowned for having major issues with the buildup of carbon, thankfully this one has had the works thrown at it by the previous owners, NT plenums fitted (relocates the MAP sensor pickup) runners cleaned, fairly new DPF.

This weekend I'll be dropping off the DPF pipe and either gutting it and looping the pressure lines onto each other or replacing it altogether.

Future plans are to basically make this thing a sweet family cruiser/tourer. Get a decent tune done, roof basket, awning, snorkel, bullbar, 2" lift and enjoy the shit out of it

Looks good, have you decided what brand shocks and springs for the lift? I am just about to do mine but cannot decide on standard or hd springs.
    B&N Performance Engineering - 4Bangers & Mash Racing
    1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

Originally posted by RESON8 View Post
      Looks good, have you decided what brand shocks and springs for the lift? I am just about to do mine but cannot decide on standard or hd springs.
      I haven't yet mate. Some research suggests I shouldn't lift it at all to preserve the drivetrain.. Will have to continue researching I think!

Can't wait to get the dpf out of there!

Comment

I avoided dpf issues by going lpg/petrol. 2inch lift seems the norm, I wouldn't go any higher. A lift will help to preserve your rear fascia, mine decided to part company with the car.
        B&N Performance Engineering - 4Bangers & Mash Racing
        1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

50mm is fine for the driveline
          We went a little higher in the rear of our SWB (LWB H/D) as the Aux fuel tank drops it back down to a genuine 2"

There are a few mods people have done to protect the rear bar from becoming a sand scoop.
          Bushskinz have a rear bar arrangement that works well
          http://bushskinz4x4.com.au/bushskinz...ear-Bar-Bumper

I know Kieron from Bushskinz very well (I did most of his bash plate photos) and rate his gear very highly..
          I have all his underbody protection as well as sliders (my car's pic are his SWB sliders pic)

Comment

Hey Jase... I remembered yesterday you told me to check for rust on top of the doors.. guess what I found lol..

Comment

Yep...

check this thread...
              http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=20524

Comment

Nice another paj should actually start a thread for mine on here one day.
                I got a ultimate suspensions assembled set with rear bags for our nx so far so good.

Comment

These make great family cruisers
                  Originally posted by Babalouie
                  Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Currently driving one of these to and from our property, have wondered about mods and this has helped a lot thank you!
                    Who'd you have the barny with dealership or private sale?
                    Originally posted by TK
                    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Originally posted by bbits_elements View Post
                      Currently driving one of these to and from our property, have wondered about mods and this has helped a lot thank you!
                      Who'd you have the barny with dealership or private sale?
                      Probably the biggest dealership in western sydney.. well a branch anyway.

Yeah it's a good bus, I actually really like driving it, can't wait till it's got some more power though!

Comment

Check that it has had the chain tensioner recall done as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                          Yeah it's a good bus, I actually really like driving it, can't wait till it's got some more power though!
                          Agree on being a good thing... Father in law has had a few now and never anything wrong with any of them.

Comment

Yeah so pajero's are shit hey..

Cunt CEL'ed on the wife at lunchtime today. She tried to call me at work but couldnt get hold of me, so kept limping it home (fucking moron but whatevs) and then I spoke to her, tole me what happened so I came home. Car is lazy to start, found heaps of diesel under it and peppered on the catalytic converter... So I spent all afternoon trying to find the source..

Ended up being an o-ring between the IP's feed pump outer plate and the main body of the IP... Fuck you Denso! Fuck you.

I have a theory; There was so much shit built up under the pump that it's been leaking bit by bit for years. It's always been lazy to start since and was more noticeable after they did the injectors last year. I've noticed with the rail pressure is lazy at certain points as well as struggling to rev out past 3000 rpm and i suspect this has been contributing to the problem.

While i've the battery out of the engine bay I'll rotate the SCV 180 degrees and see if that also returns some performance. If it does I'll get a new SCV

Comment

Look like a twin for my truck that is towing us around Aus atm. I had mine flash tuned before we left and then had to replace the over pressure valve on the rail. It goes pretty well when not towing 2.5t. Seems pretty capable off road, have bashed it through some WA scrub a few hours north of Perth and scratched the shit out of it.
                              Only use genuine fuel filter and put clamps on all the fuel lines. Suction control valve is fucking gay, I replaced mine in Sydney and it still plays up occasionally, cunt thing.
                              I disabled the dual runner inlet on mine too as it may be blocked up.

Pajero, like a Prado but 10k cheaper.
                              David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                              You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Working...
                              X