Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by South View Post
    Driving a petrol 80, is not like driving a TD 80... to start with the TD 80 can crawl at 500rpm and not stall.
    Yeh lockers add traction, but controlling the traction you have without them is where the TD wins over the petrol.

But what would I know, it's not like I don't own a 1HD-FT manual with lockers... oh wait I do, shiiiiiiiit

It always surprises me seeing people use power to go over terrain that I can drive in RWD whilst just ticking over the engine.
    You should know better, that's what you should know.

Projects:
    '90 2jz-gte 929
    '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

Generally see TD42s with bonnets up on the side of the road too, but hey that's made sense since the dawn of time.

Comment

I'm so offended, lucky I've got a diesel for the required traction to pick myself up again, I'm not sure if petrol grip would have got me there.

Projects:
        '90 2jz-gte 929

Comment

Haha u guys.

Honestly in low range i dont feel much difference between the petrol and diesel.

Yep LED strips are going lol
          Originally posted by The Property Guru
          don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
          Originally posted by oxy
          No, that's asians
          A80 Supra
          80 Landcruiser

Comment

Driving a petrol 80, is not like driving a TD 80... to start with the TD 80 can crawl at 500rpm and not stall.
            Yeh lockers add traction, but controlling the traction you have without them is where the TD wins over the petrol.

But what would I know, it's not like I don't own a 1HD-FT manual with lockers... oh wait I do, shiiiiiiiit

It always surprises me seeing people use power to go over terrain that I can drive in RWD whilst just ticking over the engine.
            And yet if you gear you car right you could crawl even slower with the petrol.......

Ever seen how slow the new petrol wranglers can crawl at?
            Originally posted by Babalouie
            Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

They'd have more traction with diesel.
              Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

I will assume that you use revs and bounces to take on easy terrain, hence you don't understand.

Comment

My diesel lives at redline, am I doing it right?

Comment

I will assume that you use revs and bounces to take on easy terrain, hence you don't understand.
                    Not me! Newbies do that and break stuff. I ensure i mainly use the gearing rather than the go fast pedal. If the wheels start spinning usually I back up and take a different line. It could be my imagination about the petrol vs diesel thing. I did notice howver that going down a hill i can use the gearing in the diesel, but in the petrol id have to feather the brakes. The GU patrol i go with (In the pics) is the 4.2 TD and has some crawler gears, on 37s and 6" lift. Its pretty impressive!
                    Originally posted by The Property Guru
                    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                    Originally posted by oxy
                    No, that's asians
                    A80 Supra
                    80 Landcruiser

Comment

I meant Marty and Mr overheating TD42 must drive that way, use revs and lockers to get over obstacles, instead of brains and ability.

Good to hear you are enjoying your new toy, it will take you on many adventures

Comment

I meant Marty and Mr overheating TD42 must drive that way, use revs and lockers to get over obstacles, instead of brains and ability.

Good to hear you are enjoying your new toy, it will take you on many adventures
                        You're the type of guy I would hate to go 4wding with because I guarantee you wouldn't even drive any of the hills, but would be full of advice.

I've got lots of vids of me driving all sorts of hills. The most recent one is in the landcruiser park closing thread.

Projects:
                        '90 2jz-gte 929

Comment

That's good to know, I'm glad for you.

Comment

Am I too late for the gangbang?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                              Am I too late for the gangbang?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                              Do you own a diesel and actively try and pump up it's resale by making up absolute crazy stories about magical things they do?
                              Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyXF View Post
                                Do you own a diesel and actively try and pump up it's resale by making up absolute crazy stories about magical things they do?
                                I own two diesels currently and i doubled my money selling a cruiser once. Does that count??

Comment

Working...
                                X