Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Vitara

Just picked this up to be a semi useful second car. It's a 99 Grand Vitara 2.5 v6 manual with 2.5" lift with new arms etc, rancho shocks, 5.12 vitara diffs, manual hubs, winch bar and MTs. Body and interior are pretty neat with less than 200k on the clock.
    Needs a couple of lockers and a winch, but I might work up to that
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20151216_190835.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	6631245Click image for larger version

Name:	20151216_180600-1.jpg
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	6631246

CalMini bumper and suspension, someone spent some serious coin.

Comment

nice one dude
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Should be fun.
        Originally posted by Jim
        the only decent six pot holden ever put in a car was the nissan RB30

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
          CalMini bumper and suspension, someone spent some serious coin.
          Yep. Without the crap shocks too. Looks like a good purchase
          Originally posted by Babalouie
          Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

sweeettt
            Originally posted by The Property Guru
            don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
            Originally posted by oxy
            No, that's asians
            A80 Supra
            80 Landcruiser

Comment

The guy I got it off has owned it since 2001. He said the calmini shocks were way too firm so he chucked them out. It rides really well with the Ranchos.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrie View Post
                The guy I got it off has owned it since 2001. He said the calmini shocks were way too firm so he chucked them out. It rides really well with the Ranchos.
                So basically calmini have some awesome engineering in there suspension designs, their lift kits are almost worth it for the arms and geometry alone, but their shocks suck. So looks like you have the best of all worlds. bumpers are well designed also.
                Originally posted by Babalouie
                Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Rear should be LSD? Prolly get away with fuckall need for a locker unless you wanna go the really gnarly paths.

Seems well thought out/right coin in right places and in good shape too:D Be a few good long weekends of fun in that bug.
                  Originally posted by Skompa
                  Yeah, bit too nice for me, I prefer my R32s with mountains of bog and LS engines

Comment

Definitely no rear LSD! Struggled to take off uphill in the wet in the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
                      So basically calmini have some awesome engineering in there suspension designs, their lift kits are almost worth it for the arms and geometry alone, but their shocks suck. So looks like you have the best of all worlds. bumpers are well designed also.
                      Yeah, for a while Calmini seemed to favor just supplying the arms etc and letting you choose the springs and shocks.

Comment

Perfect size to fit under the bar it's sitting on. Only $120 delivered from STEDI!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20160113_172612.jpg
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	6600315

Comment

My old man has one of these, I can't help but think it would be a ball of fun with turbo's

Comment

Finally got around to installing the light bar.Click image for larger version

Name:	20160131_114558.jpg
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	6601039Click image for larger version

Name:	20160131_124106.jpg
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	6601040

Comment

How's the turbo conversion coming along?
                              caprice nugget.

Comment

Working...
                              X