X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrie
    replied
    3.0L (1kz-te). Goes pretty well, but stock 3.7 diffs and 33" tyres doesn't help. Will go 4.1 or 4.3 diffs at some stage.

Leave a comment:

• da9jeff
    replied
    Gutlux looks good. 2.8d?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Tyrie
    replied
    Nopics reversed this into a pole a few weeks ago and wrote it off. Has damage to RHR quarter but with a new light is still roadworthy. Took the opportunity to upgrade.

Will make a new thread for the hilux and probably a for sale thread for the GV soon!

Leave a comment:

• Tyrie
    replied
    I'd be up for that, I don't really know where's good to go locally though

Leave a comment:

• 1200det
    replied
    Nice work, we should go out for a drive together, I have just picked up myself a Jimny

Leave a comment:

• E-Z
    replied
    How's the turbo conversion coming along?

Leave a comment:

• Tyrie
    replied
    Finally got around to installing the light bar.Click image for larger version

Name:	20160131_114558.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	6601039Click image for larger version

Name:	20160131_124106.jpg
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	6601040

Leave a comment:

• kyle_b
    replied
    My old man has one of these, I can't help but think it would be a ball of fun with turbo's

Leave a comment:

• Tyrie
    replied
    Perfect size to fit under the bar it's sitting on. Only $120 delivered from STEDI!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160113_172612.jpg
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	6600315

Leave a comment:

• irsa76
    replied
    Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
    So basically calmini have some awesome engineering in there suspension designs, their lift kits are almost worth it for the arms and geometry alone, but their shocks suck. So looks like you have the best of all worlds. bumpers are well designed also.
    Yeah, for a while Calmini seemed to favor just supplying the arms etc and letting you choose the springs and shocks.

Leave a comment:

• Tyrie
    replied
    Definitely no rear LSD! Struggled to take off uphill in the wet in the way home.

Leave a comment:

• jaikai
    replied
    Rear should be LSD? Prolly get away with fuckall need for a locker unless you wanna go the really gnarly paths.

Seems well thought out/right coin in right places and in good shape too:D Be a few good long weekends of fun in that bug.

Leave a comment:

• vet 180
    replied
    Originally posted by Tyrie View Post
    The guy I got it off has owned it since 2001. He said the calmini shocks were way too firm so he chucked them out. It rides really well with the Ranchos.
    So basically calmini have some awesome engineering in there suspension designs, their lift kits are almost worth it for the arms and geometry alone, but their shocks suck. So looks like you have the best of all worlds. bumpers are well designed also.

Leave a comment:

• Tyrie
    replied
    The guy I got it off has owned it since 2001. He said the calmini shocks were way too firm so he chucked them out. It rides really well with the Ranchos.

Leave a comment:

• MR-PUNANNY
    replied
    sweeettt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X