Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaron_hogan View Post
    Really just want to eliminate the classic driveline clunk.
    YAY! After rebuilding the swivels with new CV's and flanges the dreaded clunk is gone. The brakes are working like a treat. I rebuilt my rear hubs too.
    Next up will be tailshaft uni's and a wheel alignment.
    Originally posted by myliberty
    My car is a broken heap of shit too, so we have something in common.
    13's for $1300: RX4/929 nugget.

Comment

Be like a new car.
      Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
      You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyg View Post
        Be like a new car.
        Mechanically yeah, paint wise it has the dreaded clear coat peel.

Fucked up one of the universal joints now I need to wait for the replacement to arrive. Let that be a lesson to use a g-clamp or vice to squeeze the caps in. Tapped it with a hammer and a couple of needle rollers fell over inside. When it wouldn't go home of course I hammered it harder. Only twigged to my mistake the next day.

Climbed under and drained the diff oil only to find the front had about 400ml in it when it's meant to be like 2.5L. Filled her up with Penrite's finest.

Part way through installing the Redarc BCDC1225. I already have brand new SSB agm batteries and a Redarc Sbi212 (the big 200A version). Picked up a Redarc Manager 30 for the van on the cheap too.

Getting closer to finished.
        Originally posted by myliberty
        My car is a broken heap of shit too, so we have something in common.
        13's for $1300: RX4/929 nugget.

Comment

Working...
        X