The thirsty hungy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back now from Thredbo. The 80 with sopme gear on the roof, full car and luggage didnt do as good as usual on fuel. About 800km on both tanks.
    Originally posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Originally posted by oxy
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Comment

Being 17 years old I'd chuck an Oxy sensor at it. It'll still be horrific but might improve a bit.

My 2.5t with shit bolted on everywhere navara does calculated 11.5l/100 on 33" muddies

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Got 16.25 (roughly) on the highway with 3 adults, 2 kids, a boot full of crap, and a ski rack on the roof. Not too bad.
        2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
        2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
        2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
        2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
        2005 WR250
        + 2 trailers and a caravan.
        I finance the RMS

Comment

My Rav4 wasn't much better when I took it down to Tassie, but you had to ring the thing's neck it was so gutless.

Comment

This thing def needs a turbo. Couldn't hold 100k's on some hills. My old Prado was even more gutless.

I'm happy with 17-18L per 100. It'll only get worse with any extra gear I throw on.
            2005 WR250
            I finance the RMS

Comment

My old 80 after turbo fitted to the 1FZFE picked up 2lt to 100km around town (driven sensibly) 17lt to 18lt and I could tow my 2500kg van up Cunningham's gap in top gear (manual) with 33's well over the speed limit and averaged 22lt loaded fully with van. Since it's written off and I just bought an FZJ105 auto it will get the Garrett and 6Boost manifold, I looked at engine swaps before I went turbo but couldn't warrant it. A mates gone the LS1 in his GU and the economy is worse than the petty Landcruiser before the turbo conversion!!! with 33's he averages 19lt to 22lt around town and 17lt to 18lt on a highway trip empty not towing.

Comment

Originally posted by da9jeff View Post
                Being 17 years old I'd chuck an Oxy sensor at it. It'll still be horrific but might improve a bit.
                Don't reckon that model even has an oxy sensor.

Comment

My 93 civic had a oxy sensor? How would it do closed loop without it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                  Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

They haven't got 02 sensors, neither do the late 80 series

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED80 View Post
                      My old 80 after turbo fitted to the 1FZFE picked up 2lt to 100km around town (driven sensibly) 17lt to 18lt and I could tow my 2500kg van up Cunningham's gap in top gear (manual) with 33's well over the speed limit and averaged 22lt loaded fully with van. Since it's written off and I just bought an FZJ105 auto it will get the Garrett and 6Boost manifold, I looked at engine swaps before I went turbo but couldn't warrant it. A mates gone the LS1 in his GU and the economy is worse than the petty Landcruiser before the turbo conversion!!! with 33's he averages 19lt to 22lt around town and 17lt to 18lt on a highway trip empty not towing.
                      I'm off the LS conversion. Too exxy and too much dicking around. There's a few things I want to put on before I even contemplate turbo, and I need to finish the fkn Commodore.
                      2005 WR250
                      I finance the RMS

Comment

Another option is Sprintex supercharger, but that's a shit load of $$ for the results, which aren't that impressive compared to turbo iirc. That said, my uncle sold a heap of troopies with supercharged 4.5 and reckoned they went pretty well, fuel economy wasn't an issue considering the eventual use of them, armored for use in Kuwait.

Comment

Towed a car on a trailer home yesterday and 10 minutes out if felt like it dropped power. Wasn't missing, just low on grunt. Go out this morning and the cunt won't start. Turns over fine, just won't fire.

Gunna play with it when I get home. May set it on fire.
                          2005 WR250
                          I finance the RMS

Comment

Got home and cracked a beer to try and find the prob and the cunty thing started first go.
                            2005 WR250
                            I finance the RMS

Comment

Definitely not having a turbo related, should fix that problem.
                              Originally posted by Dimi
                              80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                              Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                              My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED80 View Post
                                The issue with the LS1 conversions for the trucks is the gearing is all wrong (normally uses manual with really long first gear and 2 overdrive on a 4x4 that is most likely already running 20% larger tires) . If you could get it working with the 8 speed auto from the Denali economy would be much better, but that would be a headache.

In fact drove the Denali and the FJ back to back for a little bit. The biggest thing i noticed was fuel economy and torque. In that the FJ guzzled way more and had no torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by Babalouie
                                Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Working...
                                X