The thirsty hungy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to lift this thing (2in) and throw some 33's on. Anyone know of hookups for tyres?

In Sydney pref.
    2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
    2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
    2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
    2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
    2005 WR250
    + 2 trailers and a caravan.
    I finance the RMS

Comment

Originally posted by blackbart View Post
      Want to lift this thing (2in) and throw some 33's on. Anyone know of hookups for tyres?

In Sydney pref.
      When i was looking for tyres for my Jeep, Taleb Tyres was actually the cheapest around. That was for BFG All Terrains.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Evoke 3D Architectural Visualisation http://www.evoke3d.com.au

Comment

Ended up getting some Goodyear Wranglers or some shit. I know a Goodyear dealer and they were $60 per tyre cheaper than anything else. Mostly good reviews online. I'll see how they go. Fitted them about an hour ago.
        2005 WR250
        I finance the RMS

Comment

Sweet post pics!

And Dobinsons Smearton Grange did my friends 100.
          Originally posted by The Property Guru
          don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
          Originally posted by oxy
          No, that's asians
          A80 Supra
          80 Landcruiser

Comment

Dobinson mrrs are meant to be really good now that they've fixed the hose issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
            Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

So shit got out of control. I got bored waiting for parts for the Commodore and spent all the money I had for that on this.

Now has 2in lift, 33s on steel wheels, snorkel, diff breathers, Titan draws, Engel, duel battery, Rhino Pioneer Platform, awning, shovel & hi lift, Maxtrax, roof top tent, Xrox bar, VRS winch, 42in light bar, UHF, plus misc other crap.

Been out a few times with it and it goes up and down stuff pretty well. Fun times.

I've ordered a duel carrier bar but delayed it a couple of months cos I'm dropping a bomb on a trip to Japan. Still a few other bits and pieces I want to do but they can wait. Not doing anything to the engine while I have the Commodore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0759.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	6612960
              2005 WR250
              I finance the RMS

Comment

Managed to take out a side step getting onto McBride's Beach.

Name:	IMG_9780.JPG
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	6612961

Name:	IMG_9795.JPG
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	6612962

Name:	IMG_9841.JPG
Size:	6.61 MB
ID:	6612963
                2005 WR250
                I finance the RMS

Comment

Did a night run out the back of Zig Zag in Septemer (second one I've done). Actually put a camera on the car for some footage. Finally got around to putting it together today. First time I've ever tried making a video. I've changed the camera to 1080 since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10b14VxXQM0&t=212s

When can I quit my job and just live off YouTube royalties and Patreon donations?:p

Edit: If you only watch one bit, make it 13 mins 40 secs.:D
                  2005 WR250
                  I finance the RMS

Comment

Well at least it wasn't the car that fell over. Looks like a good little track.

Comment

Did a night run out the back of Zig Zag in Septemer (second one I've done). Actually put a camera on the car for some footage. Finally got around to putting it together today. First time I've ever tried making a video. I've changed the camera to 1080 since.

When can I quit my job and just live off YouTube royalties and Patreon donations?:p

Looks like ranger bobs at that time stamp?

The right track is pretty fun.
                      Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Certainly is Ranger Bobs. The 80 eventually got up the right track. Most of the others went the far left. A GQ on 35s walked up the left, all the IFS needed a few goes and a couple winched.
                        2005 WR250
                        I finance the RMS

Comment

Certainly is Ranger Bobs. The 80 eventually got up the right track. Most of the others went the far left. A GQ on 35s walked up the left, all the IFS needed a few goes and a couple winched.
                          You did well, after watching my Wrangler and an FJ walk up the right/tough track the 80 (lifted, 35s) with us spent ages tearing it up before admitting defeat and going up the middle.

Comment

So the cunty thing is giving me problems again. UHF stopped working and found it was full of water. Appears to be rain water due to the mineral staining on the electrical connections. AC also keeps losing gas, and water is dripping on the passenger floor. Drive it up to Stockton a month ago, setup fine, life is good. Go to leave at the end of the day it turns over but won't fire. Melted the EFI fuse but it didn't blow. Replaced fuse and still wouldn't fire. Towed off the beach ($400) and called NRMA. NRMA dude lobs and it starts first go. Fucken angry. Also cracked the exhaust manifold and welded up as much that could be reached without taking it off. Meh.

Water is leaking in from outside and into the passenger side kick panel (where the UHF was). Straight on top of the main wiring harness, near the computer. Seems to be from somewhere up high. I've pulled the roof rack off and sealed all the bolts and put them back in. I don't think that's the issue. It'll be something lower around the windscreen just to piss me off. I think it's the water that runs down the rain gutter behind the thick rubber trim that runs up next to the windscreen.

Cleaned out the AC drain but it wasn't blocked. Pulled off the evap cover and sealed it with sikaflex cos the lower seal was rooted (common prob). Should fix the dripping.

AC leak I'm still looking for but probably under the dash just to piss me off. It got a new compressor last year. Re gassed it again in Jan due to not working at all, and it's already noticeably not as cold.

NFI why the fuse melted. There was a loose cable going to the positive on the battery (not the main terminal) that may have caused a gremlin. It did the same thing once before intermittently then worked once I replaced the same EFI fuse. Went to auto elec who couldn't find anything but tightened up the connections in the fuse box.

I still like the car and want to use it as a beater for beach work and proper off road stuff where panels may get fingered. Nopics has agreed to purchasing something newer and more reliable to use as a tourer. I don't know what to get but will start a thread for ideas.
                            2005 WR250
                            I finance the RMS

Comment

Sydney Dents
                              Paintless Dent Removal
                              https://www.facebook.com/sydneydents/
                              https://www.instagram.com/sydneydents/

Comment

Mate what is the track from 38 seconds? I've seen it come up on video a few times now but never seen it myself?

Comment

Working...
                                X