Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Wrangler

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Wrangler a pain in the arse with the doors not having a normal check strap to hold them in place?

Comment

Can be sometimes, I haven't really noticed an issue.
      Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by XFJET View Post
        part reason I'm considering the FJ more is because of the cargo and extra fuel tank, won't be needing sway disconnect as I'm not into rock crawling, mainly beach work where the traction control of the series2 FJ is fucking unbelievable, even up to the diff in sand and completely bogged, set the speed to 4km/h feet off the pedals and within 3 min it's out of the hole

on the other hand the Wrangler has all the aftermarket support one can dream of, i want a tent on top of it for when we go away and the wrangler is much much better at that than the FJ as even with a front bar the FJ springs are gone, the carrying load of an FJ on stock suspension is like under half a tone, JK not much better but much cheaper to mod with a fuckload more options, also heated seats

will have to make a decision this year thou .... will be hard
        If cargo space in important than the FJ is a great option as it has a good amount, even more than the prado which is considered its big brother. In fact the FJ is the perfect combination of fun wheelbase and cargo space. fJ has good enough aftermarket with roof top tents, rails, lighting options etc

If you do go an FJ go 5100 series bilstiens suspension. They have a height adjustable (0-2.5 inch) front set up (snap rings to locate the spring seat). They are valved great and work very well with the stock springs. In fact the most capable FJ I know of is a mates running bilstiens (2nd ring so apparently 1 3/4 inch with 30mm rear spring spacer, body mount cop and 35ís. Was cheap simple and drives better onroad and off road than any other fj I have been in with maybe the exception of the full king kit with arms, remote res etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Babalouie
        Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFyYjcwJkQM

I'll leave this here, the later series 2 FJ's had the speed control thing and I have test drove one and bogged it to the axles and after feet off the pedals and letting it do it's own thing within 3-4 min it was out, didn't even let the tyres down. Problem with traction control systems is that drivers don't read the manual and think they are much much better but in sand all you need is what the FJ does and you will get out
          Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
          I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Originally posted by Gats View Post
            Is the Wrangler a pain in the arse with the doors not having a normal check strap to hold them in place?
            there are aftermarket fixes for that but unless you park up a hill I don't really see that being an issue
            Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
            I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Originally posted by XFJET View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFyYjcwJkQM

I'll leave this here, the later series 2 FJ's had the speed control thing and I have test drove one and bogged it to the axles and after feet off the pedals and letting it do it's own thing within 3-4 min it was out, didn't even let the tyres down. Problem with traction control systems is that drivers don't read the manual and think they are much much better but in sand all you need is what the FJ does and you will get out
              You know that's a feature you don't need if you actually let your tyres down properly. Sand is extremely basic, especially in QLD where it's rock hard relatively. You should never even know about that feature.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post
                You know that's a feature you don't need if you actually let your tyres down properly. Sand is extremely basic, especially in QLD where it's rock hard relatively. You should never even know about that feature.
                Actually that feature catches a lot of people out. As if you drive sand with it on you get stuck pretty quick (and then get out). But canít drive properly in a lot of off-road situations. You have to Jerry rig a switch to the fuse to disable it completely as it still works even when off.

Once you have the switch you have the best of both worlds. As you can engage when your stuck

Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Keen to hit the tracks this weekend!

Who's heading out?

Comment

Where?

Comment

Time to update the mod list, i'm surprised i've had this thing for so long:

AEV Suspension
                      ARB Front Bar
                      Runva 11XP Winch Black/premium
                      Rugged ridge XHD rear bar
                      AEV Pintlers
                      Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 Mud Terrains 35x12.5r17
                      ARB Twin compressor mounted under passenger seat
                      Upgraded GME UHF antenna
                      Insulated roof panels
                      JW Speaker 8700 EVO J2 LED headlights
                      dirty dog cargo net
                      Teraflex HD hinge

Going with the Brown Davis long range tank to get some extra range when towing around a camper trailer.

Wouldn't mind going for the bigger Synergy or AEV 4 inch lifts however would definitely require engineering at that point.

Comment

Wrangler

Keep it low. As it is itís perfect imo. Going an extra 2 inches of lift without extra tire has little benefit off-road and a lot of compromises

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
                          Keep it low. As it is itís perfect imo. Going an extra 2 inches of lift without extra tire has little benefit off-road and a lot of compromises

That was the original thought, but it could do with some more down travel (the AEV 3.5 kit shock length is 4 inches longer than the 2.5) and it gets bellied out before it runs out of traction, compromises..

Comment

https://www.browndavis.com.au/jeep-w...ge-fuel-tanks/

Got one of these, not 100% happy with it, obviously like the extra capacity but it sticks out FAR more than the photos make it look and the OEM fuel tank is now quite challenging to fill at the bowser, fuel cuts out unless its inserted a certain way and you aren't sure its full or just cut out so you tend to overfill it a bit to see the splashback.

Will need the higher lift 100% to clear the big rocks now, my OEM fuel tank guard is pretty beaten up and this thing sits lower.

Comment

Everyone loves some Moon Rock

And purposefully took a dud line on this wombat hole to test the full suspension travel:

Comment

Hey Marty youve had the wrangler a while now, have you had to replace a speedsensor yet ?

Comment

Working...
                                X