Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

I decided to drive around Australia so I bought a car on Gumtree for $500

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
    That is looking very nice for a cheap do a lap car.
    Thanks mate. Yeah should come together really well next few weeks once the tray and new boots are fitted. Just over three months till we head off so hoping to be driving it in a month then two months to iron out any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Painted the tray then over the weekend mounted the tray/canopy. Drilled some holes and fitted some marine style bulkhead terminals as all the batteries will be inside. Wired up new LED tail lights and started wiring and mounting the two reverse cameras. One of the cameras will be on to use as rear view when driving them switch to the lower one that will look down at the tow ball when reversing.

Comment

Looking pretty good mate!

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Gammaboy
        PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Comment

So big push this week to finish off the last few things. A few mates are planning a weekend camp on 30th March so Iím hoping to get this thing regoed next week and attend. Picked up the Cruiser wheels after getting them blasted. Hit them with some high fill primer to fill the few minor pits. We pulled the front end apart and fitted new CV boots and ball joint boots. Everything in the front end is perfect so just threw it back together. Hoping to get wheels painted and new boots fitted by weeks end. Picking up some good secondhand shocks on Saturday and a couple of other minor things and sheíll be regoed mid next week.

No idea what this thing has cost me to get to this point but probably around $10k.

Comment

Looking good mate!

Comment

Nice. Will you be posting trip updates in this thread?
              I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Can I suggest you make Loctite your best friend. When I was on the Big Lap, just about everything mounted on the bull bar came lose, particularly on Gibb River Rd. Bit of Loctite and all good.

Comment

Good idea with the Loctite. Seriously though I doubt weíll hit anything too hard. The camper Iíll be towing is not an off-road one so mostly bitumen use with the odd day trip on a gravel track or beach is really all this will see. I will definitely put up some pics of our travels in this thread.

So over the weekend I did a run up to Harvey Bay and picked up a set of Raw Nitro shocks, an AC compressor and a long motor. Only really needed the shocks but decided if I was driving 6 hours Iíd grab the other bits as well. All up cost me $450. Gotta love Facebook pages for cheap spares. Always good to have another long motor too. Fitted up the shocks so all good there.

I dropped the freshly painted 80 series rims off and got new 265/70 BF Goodrichís fitted. Car is now ready for a safety cert which is happening tomorrow. Love the look of the Cruiser rims and fresh tyres on the old girl.

Comment

That does look like a very nice rig.

Well done

Comment

Looks fantastic, great work.
                      Definitely post pictures of your adventures.

Comment

Looks ace! Doesnít look like thereís a whole lot of travel in the rear suspension though. I assume in the photo itís unladen. Are you looking to lift the rear a little more, considering youíre doing a full lap and towing a camper?

Comment

Originally posted by StanM3 View Post
                          Looks ace! Doesnít look like thereís a whole lot of travel in the rear suspension though. I assume in the photo itís unladen. Are you looking to lift the rear a little more, considering youíre doing a full lap and towing a camper?
                          Iíll see how it goes. Theyíre EFS springs. The combination of these and the shocks makes it pretty stiff so I donít think the thing will squat much under load. Itís a good height. I donít bang my head on the canopy door when theyíre open.

Just got a safety cert yesterday. Will probably register it Monday.

Comment

thats come up a treat, well done!!!
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

wow well done!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys. Always appreciated. I got home tonight and fitted up the 30 litre water tank under the tray. Came up nicely I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                X