Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks stunning!
    And wow, Iíve never seen a Dollie hand caught, thatís amazing! What was chasing it do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post
      Looks stunning!
      And wow, Iíve never seen a Dollie hand caught, thatís amazing! What was chasing it do you know?
      No idea. Probably a shark. It got caught between the rocks in between waves and disorientated. The boys clocked it with a lump of firewood! There are a lot of sharks here, a couple were chasing a bait ball along the beach one arvo. Also a lot of Manta Rays about which were fun to snorkel with. If you ever want to get over here Iíll give you a few pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bonus is theyíre good on the chew.
        I can imagine sharks are common there.

Comment

So continued on the journey over the last 5 weeks since my last update. Really enjoyed Exmouth. Headed inland after a week there to Karijini, up to Port Hedland then a few spots between there and Broome. Had 5 days in Broome then put the wife/daughter on a plane home. I hit the road with my 10yo son for 8 days arriving back in Brisbane on Sunday. It was a great trip and spending time with the boy on the way home was something Iím sure neither of us will ever forget.

Karijini

The beach east of Port Headland

The drive home

Anyway, the old V6 RA Rodeo didnít miss a beat the whole trip. Did a touch over 15,000km and averaged 17l/100km fuel consumption. Now itís time to start pulling the old car down and get it going. Going to get started on that once Iíve washed all the red dust off everything!

Comment

Some of my favourite spots - Just got back from 6500km round trip to Cape Leveque and back to Perth. Keep heading North it only gets better! Waroora is one of the better spots for sure. and 2nd Wiki Camps use it everytime we travel

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              Some of my favourite spots - Just got back from 6500km round trip to Cape Leveque and back to Perth. Keep heading North it only gets better! Waroora is one of the better spots for sure. and 2nd Wiki Camps use it everytime we travel
              100%. Was so hard doing the run home and being so close to the Bungle Bungles and Lake Argyle but not having time to stop and check them out. Both the wife and I are keen to step up our camp setup even though it will be quite a few years till we can do another big trip. Learnt a lot on this trip about what works and what doesnít. Talked to a lot of travellers about their setups and got a good idea about what we want. Taking a boat is the best thing you can do. So many adventures to be had of you can hit the water.

Comment

Nice work.

The nth west is a great place to dag about.
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Glad to see the updates mate and looks awesome.
                  I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Looks amazing. Taking off on a lap around Oz in a month.
                    Good one dickhead

Comment

Hope you enjoyed Karijini. I went there a couple of years ago and it blew my mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X