2002 Challenger budget overlander build

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so passed roadworthy, and mechanic says smoke is condensation and nothing to worry about.

Doesn't seem right but I guess thats a win!
    I am a retarded 747 captain who now sells waterslides in Perth.

Comment

So we got it back from roadworthy got plates and drove it around a bunch and it didn't smoke at all for the whole time.

I guess the 20w60 and stop smoke worked, great success!

Comment

These things are great value, if they had Toyota badges on them this would be worth $25 grand.

Comment

How did the budget fit out go? any updates?
          '67 Volkswagen Beetle 1300cc
          '09 VE SS

Originally posted by Scrad
          You are like some sort of car rapist, Sticking things where they don't belong, and often don't fit nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Milkman Don View Post
            Iíve heard twitching used in the bird watching sense, otherwise twitchers are usually glass bbq connoisseurs

I think you mean tweaker in relation to glass bbq.

Comment

Tweak or tweaker may refer to: Tweaker, or alternate spelling "tweeker", an individual who uses stimulants, most commonly methamphetamine and amphetamine. Tweak, a street name for the drug In computing.

Comment

Originally posted by Crais View Post
                How did the budget fit out go? any updates?
                Things are going well, the car is solid and reliable. He's got all the money donated to buy all the 4wd super center stuff, I called them up and paid for it all over the phone. They have arranged with him to do a tour of their shop/warehouse and will have a bloke on hand to answer all his questions and give advice.

Yesterday was some of the funnest shit i've seen on the internet in forever. He go's out with his mate and decides to do some 4x4'ing (which hes never done before). Promptly gets bogged at the first sign of a puddle and they spend the next hour and a half trying to dig themselves out and jam shit under the wheel while 250 people in live chat heckle them relentlessly. After watching this at my work laughing my ass off i realize they aint ever getting out so i leave work, go grab my boy from grandmas and drive out there to drag them out to the cheers of the same 250 viewers. If you got a bit of spare time on a lazy sunday give it a watch, its funny as hell.

i get there at about the 1 hour 18min mark, i especially like the comment from one chatter that I "look like a competent Peter Griffin"

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/237078098?t=03m03s

Comment

good work in telling them to stand clear of the snatch strap
                  hopefully they will remember for the next 699 times they get bogged and need to use one...

Comment

My brother has one of these and it was also a smoker.
                    We replaced the PCV valve on the rocker cover and the problem disappeared, try that before you spend money on other things. It was $25 from Repco from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Southo View Post
                      good work in telling them to stand clear of the snatch strap
                      hopefully they will remember for the next 699 times they get bogged and need to use one...
                      I reckon they might need a support truck when they head out of town. Things will go very badly for them otherwise.

Comment

so whats the go with these, are they basically a triton wagon? any of them got super select? im thinking a later coil one would in theory be nicer to drive than my d22
                        '09 VE SS

You are like some sort of car rapist, Sticking things where they don't belong, and often don't fit nicely

Comment

hah fuck...i lost it when he starts letting air out.....of the wheel in the air!

he might need some err..training before he gets too remote
                          '09 VE SS

Comment

Originally posted by Crais View Post
                            so whats the go with these, are they basically a triton wagon? any of them got super select? im thinking a later coil one would in theory be nicer to drive than my d22
                            Basically yes, Triton wagon. All have super select. Early ones are 3.0 V6, later models are 2.5 turbo diesel. I can't complain about mine.

Comment

LOL @ competent Peter Griffin comment.

Comment

jumped on the stream last night just as you guys were muckin around with the crab pots...looks like a good budget rig now. did he end up filming any of the build or the trip to supacentre?
                                '09 VE SS

Comment

Working...
                                X