X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Sold this yesterday in under 24 hours of listing. I lost a whole lot more faith in humanity after having to deal with Facesack Marketplace Mongs.

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Noticed a slight clunk a week ago...a few days later the CV joint on the front driveshaft out of the transfer case was toast. The rubber boot seemed to be gone some time ago.
    In a surpise the CV is identical to a BA or BF XR6T or XR8 one that mounts to front of the diff. Same seller has them for $40 less for the Falcon than when listed for a Jeep....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Getting all arty and stuff with leaves and stuff.

Last edited by bigshipengine.jpg; 06-05-20, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StanM3
    replied
    Originally posted by Shane001 View Post
    Better to stick with something you know then something newer and more electronic. Something simple fails on some of these newer 4wd's and you could be stuck for weeks.
    My dad used to say the same thing to me, about 35yrs ago regarding fuel injection, power steering etc in 4WDs..

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Theres plenty of electrics on this thing. It has been reliable so far but really want a Y62.

Leave a comment:

• Shane001
    replied
    Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    Thought about moving it on and getting something newer with more warranty before we head off around Oz next year with caravan in tow but not too sure if i should?
    Better to stick with something you know then something newer and more electronic. Something simple fails on some of these newer 4wd's and you could be stuck for weeks.

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Fuck all been happening on this shtburger.
    Snapped the handbrake cable last week with my brute force. Expected to get hit with Massive Jeep tax on it. $13.99 later on Rock Auto and its sorted.
    Even with the Beer Virus only 8 days delivery from U S of A. Happy days.
    Thought about moving it on and getting something newer with more warranty before we head off around Oz next year with caravan in tow but not too sure if i should?

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    So i did the "Kidney bean mod" that seems to be the go for everyone with this motor whether in a 300C or Mercedes or Jeep.
    Basically this black plastic Kidney bean is an inlet muffler thats mounted between the Turbo and intercooler designed to gentrify the intake noise...
    It also creates more lag. So that perforated bulit pops out and away you go. It definitely comes onto boost a bit quicker and s9ne people claim better fuel economy so not bad for an hours work.

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Ok thanks for the tip. It was Blaires at Barrack heights who fucked up FYI.

Leave a comment:

• bryan
    replied
    Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    Yeah i will just give the other tyre place next door to him a go next time.
    Pro-axle in PK. He does 4x4's and know's his stuff..

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Yeah i will just give the other tyre place next door to him a go next time. So serene to drive without a Clunky control arm!

Leave a comment:

• Mini
    replied
    No need to yell at him, just let him know and I bet you never have another issue because he will remember it every time he sees a car of yours.

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    So since i did the lift there has been a slight knock in the front left that has slowly been getting worse and a couple of potholes whilst on the recent roadtrip sounded rather shite.
    After i did the lift i got a wheel alignment done by a place ive been using for years and have a great reputation. The Wheel alignment dude is about 6ft 7 and about 150 kilos and not a fat cunt.
    However on this Saturday morning he seemed to manage to leave all my bolts loose......The lower control arm has a bolt that is meant to slide to do the alignment, yep you guessed it loose.o the LC arm was able to bang from one side to another making a racket the hole time.
    Fuck me how hard is it to do up the bolts after doing an alignment when thats all you do!

Happy as fuck now though. Should i send a sternly worded letter or just assume he had a big friday night and move on?

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Been doing a central west loop around Dubbo, Parkes,Cowra and the ACT the last week. Loaded up to the shithouse and whatvseems like neverending hills has seen the economy go out to 19 liters per hundred but towing like a champ.

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Relaxing trip away and can report the bags are awesome. Car drives much nicer sitting level instead of bum dragging.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X