Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

A Cambodian guy gave me a rusty 60 series.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the tops of the pillars where these usually rust?

ie is it worth keeping an eye out for another body that you can gank a turret from?
    Originally posted by Mr Jones
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Yeah the ice delivery boys on Moreton who happen to be my mates, used to chop less rust out of their vehicles every 2 years.
      Now they just buy 10x new vehicles but the $6 bags of ice (frozen type) it all adds up.
      Originally posted by TK
      may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

Isn't this what Takai is looking for to repower his FJ60?
        " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          I would have thought one of those fibreglass FJ40 2-door bodies and then build out a wood tray on the back.
          id go with the FJ40 2 door body as suggested with a 70 series style ute body on the back
          RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by lysdexia View Post

ie is it worth keeping an eye out for another body that you can gank a turret from?
            The 55 and 60 series are bad for rusting out the roof and pillars, and around the fixed glass on the 60s. It's actually fairly hard to find one that hasn't got some rust in those areas, granted not all of them are as bad as this one though. Problem is even if you find a good turret for this one, what about the rest of the rust in the floors, firewall etc?

Comment

bog it, paint it badly, find something else to fuss about.

Comment

Too bad it's a Holden V8 conversion, if it was diesel some idiot would pay $15k for it. Seriously, have seen stupid arguments on Toymods about the relative merits of spending $10-15k on some 12H-T 60 series with 600,000km on it. No matter how reliable you think they are, it would be a rare one that isn't completely fucked.

My vote would be lots of bog, dodgy rego and hilarity but it's a bit useless given you already have too many 4WDs. Otherwise Gammaboy's suggestion of a VN wagon rebody is the go!

Comment

Yeah. +1 Go the VN or AU wagon.
                  Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
                  I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

Comment

Dunnydoor sports wagon body?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-C...wAAOSw1YRci4CE
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
                    I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                      Got a welder?
                      I do at work, but not sure if the boss would be keen on me doing a resto in the workshop :rotflol:

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
                      so much potential for fun with this if you are ok not caring about the rust.

no money no cares fun is sometimes the best fun.
                      I think a cheap patch up will be the plan.

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                      Put a VN wagon body on it.
                      Funnily enough one of my mates found exactly that for sale already last night .

I would have thought one of those fibreglass FJ40 2-door bodies and then build out a wood tray on the back.
                      That would be awesome. I actually had a quick google but couldn't find any complete bodys for sale, just panels.

Originally posted by lysdexia View Post

Seems everywhere around the roof is common. I have an acquaintance who runs a landcruiser wrecking business so might pop around there sometime and have a talk with him about it. He seems to bring 60s through fairly often.

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                      The 55 and 60 series are bad for rusting out the roof and pillars, and around the fixed glass on the 60s. It's actually fairly hard to find one that hasn't got some rust in those areas, granted not all of them are as bad as this one though. Problem is even if you find a good turret for this one, what about the rest of the rust in the floors, firewall etc?
                      Floor seems ok from just looking underneath. There is rust around where the wiper motor? panel is on the fire wall, rest of it seems ok. The guards have minor rust, one door has big holes on the inside of it and there is a nasty looking patch along the passenger side sill panel which is hidden with the door closed.

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                      Too bad it's a Holden V8 conversion, if it was diesel some idiot would pay $15k for it. Seriously, have seen stupid arguments on Toymods about the relative merits of spending $10-15k on some 12H-T 60 series with 600,000km on it. No matter how reliable you think they are, it would be a rare one that isn't completely fucked.

My vote would be lots of bog, dodgy rego and hilarity but it's a bit useless given you already have too many 4WDs. Otherwise Gammaboy's suggestion of a VN wagon rebody is the go!
                      I think this is going to be the plan. It actually seems to have had legit rego in the past, the v8 engine number is recorded on the paper work I was given with the car.

Leaning towards filling everything with fiberglass reo bog and possibly painting the whole thing in raptor liner (truck bed liner) tinted to match the original paint. Nopics isn't really keen on the raptor liner idea though "it looks gay" and the cost being $600ish to do it. I'm all for it at this stage. I think it will look better than having touch up paint sprayed everywhere. Its definitely not getting a proper paint job.

Comment

Comment

Thereís a diesel 4-speed one of these for sale here in Canberra $2500 and itís not a completely rusty pile shit. But that means realistically if you spend anything but a pot of big and a couple of rattle cans youíll be over capitalising.
                          ---
                          Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Bog, rattle can Matt black and drive like you stole it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by Babalouie
                            Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Thereís a diesel 4-speed one of these for sale here in Canberra $2500 and itís not a completely rusty pile shit. But that means realistically if you spend anything but a pot of big and a couple of rattle cans youíll be over capitalising.
                              That seems reasonable. Anything half decent here seems to be between 8-15k :/ Even more Toyota tax than the 80 series unless it has a 1hd in it.

Comment

Dodgy up the holes and paint it in Sandy taupe raptor liner. Some muppet will pay plenty for it then.

Comment

Working...
                                X