Ex ADF Unimog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex ADF Unimog.

I’ve always wanted a Unimog because reasons. As I’m going to start building a shed in my back yard I thought that was as good of a reason as any. So last week I purchased one.
    It’s pretty easy to drive with the 8spd box. On road you start in 5th and you’re in 8th by 50kph to the dizzying top speed of 85kph at 2,800rpm. There aren’t any puttabarrainitforfiftybucksanddomadskidsplans just some taller tyres to help try and get it to sit in 90kph at about the same revs. Will do WTA intercooler and maybe a more modern turbo to help it do a few more KPH up hills along with a little injector pump tweaking. Will also fit EGT gauge.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by S
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Yeah, this things is all sorts of win!

As this will be so good out on the open road blacktop, when is the first of many round Aus trips to commence?

Comment

Lambo to unimog. I like how you tick all the boxes Uncle

Comment

well, colour me incredibly jealous.
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
        And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

Was waiting for this thread. Have wanted one of these since I was a kid.

What is the crane reach/capacity?

Comment

What the fuck is going on with the 3 rings of studs on the wheel? Two I get, but three?
            Last edited by Shonky; 09-06-20, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Larry Perkins does an overdrive kit to help with the cruising speed.
              "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
              (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
              Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                What the fuck is going on with the 3 rings of studs on the wheel? Two I get, but three?
                Drop gear drive.

Comment

Fuck yes, I used to dream of getting a 404 Mog.
                  LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Originally posted by Slides View Post
                    Was waiting for this thread. Have wanted one of these since I was a kid.

What is the crane reach/capacity?
                    Off the top of my head 1.3tn at 3.1mtrs and 890kg at 5.1mtrs.
                    Originally posted by S

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                      Yeah portal hubs as Slides said.
                      Originally posted by S

Comment

Ok you have me for jealous. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                          Larry Perkins does an overdrive kit to help with the cruising speed.
                          At $20k the ROI isn’t there. 2 years ago you could get the OD from Merc for 10k now it’s double the price for 15kph.
                          Originally posted by S

Comment

Tradie I did my apprenticeship for got a job working on these things...bucket list item.He rates them highly.
                            an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

There is an element of clown shoes hilarity to it. On the (long) drive home I pulled up next to a New Dodge Ram in full Boomer spec. Chrome wheels, lift kit and running lights. Rams roof height was below door window height. We all knew who had the smallest genitalia at that set of lights I’ll tell you.
                              Originally posted by S

Comment

Working...
                              X