Ex ADF Unimog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle View Post

That was my plan but fucked if I could find one. Did find a vband to 4 bolt flange for $27 so I’ll see how it lands.
    I actually meant draw one up in cad, get it laser cut, tap 4 holes for studs for the elbow....
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Yeah that might have to be an option. I’ll see how my $27 solution goes first.
      Originally posted by S
      I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

In other areas of advancement quote came back on some 14.00R20 tyres today. They are more an A/T tyre over the 395XTZ’s that are closer to a M/T tyre. The advantage the 14” has over the 395’s is they have a greater rolling diameter so have closer to a 10% gain in top speed over the 395’s 7% gain.
        14”
        Pros: Much better gearing for the long hauls in the truck and less mods to get them on there. Better all around tyre. Cheaper.
        Cons: No fancy alloy bead lock wheels. Not quite as good off road can’t run as low pressure as the 395’s.
        Price $5,200 for 5 fitted.
        XTZ 395’s
        Pros: Fancy bead lock wheels. Better offroad. Known to improve ride comfort.
        Cons: 2nd hand tyres. Less gearing advantage. More mods to make them fit. Heavy. Much much louder. More expensive by close to $2k
        $6,750+ shipping.

So after typing all of that I think I’ll order the 14’s.
        Originally posted by S

Comment

Price $5,200 for 5 fitted.

What's the lifespan on a set?

Comment

Next owner's problem?
            Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Yeah the 14” tyres will pretty much out live our children. The 395’s not so much but close.
              I paid for the 14’s this arvo. Shop should have them in by the end of the week. Now I’ve committed I’m happy with my choice. For me other than being my farm truck to get shit for home it’s my long haul camping rig. That entails big drives with some reasonable dirt roads but nothing overly crazy.
              Originally posted by S

Comment

Rolling diameter makes up for a lot in rough stuff and compensates for tread aggression to some extent.

Comment

Yeah much like 29” MTBs wheels over 27.5. I can’t remember now but I think the stock Omnitracks are 44” or some thing. 395’s are 47” and the 14.00’s are 49“. I’ve been told 104kph at 2,800rpm. It’s happier to sit at 2,600rpm so that should be mid 90’s exactly where I wanted it.
                  Intercooler work starts on Saturday. Going to look at both WTA and ATA. Will see what works best.
                  Originally posted by S

Comment

I can't believe how expensive those tires are... Good that they last but ouch
                    Originally posted by piss98
                    fuck I'd be happy to suck Bill Gates off

Comment

Do you need to lift or trim guards with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Slides View Post
                        Do you need to lift or trim guards with them?
                        2" body lift.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

With the hut on the back this is even uglier than the Herkimer Battle Jitney
                          Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

New tyres also rule out the hut as a camper. I’ll be over max height without a permit.
                            Originally posted by S

Comment

Ordered one of these at the start of the week. It turned up yesterday. I’d been looking for an EGT gauge and this offered that a few other things like trans temp and duel voltage measurement that will be handy with the 24 and 12v alternator set up.
                              https://www.justraceparts.com.au/10i...-gauge-display

I’ve got the wife keen to make an overhead console once I finish doing the roof insulation. Plan is to mount a UHF up there and add some extra storage. For big Ute there is bigger all places to put anything.
                              Originally posted by S

Comment

New tyres also rule out the hut as a camper. I’ll be over max height without a permit.
                                Cut the top off. I reckon you're better off custom making something anyway. More expensive and massively time consuming, but what else do you have to do?
                                2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
                                2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
                                2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
                                2005 WR250
                                + 2 trailers and a caravan.
                                I finance the RMS

Comment

Working...
                                X