Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle View Post
    Got away for an overnighter with 10 other Mog people at “TJ’s 4b park” about mid way along the Putty Rd. I did a little wheeling but mostly just wanted to get a look at how some of the guys had set theirs up especially the blokes running Huchinson alloy bead lockers with the bigger 46” tyres. They give enough rolling diameter to sit on 95kph constantly.
    Not cheap but by all reports very much worth the spend.

Once everyone had parked up for the night it was like walking through the valley of the giants with these huge trucks all parked kinda loosely together.
    Thats about half the ADF's transport capability right there.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

I just had a little play on the way in and out. The guys who got there early on Saturday did one of hardest tracks at the place (Jackhammer) all made it through bar truck staking a tyre.
      Guy who worked there was flipping out at how they just walk down large drops because of the size of the wheels.

I’ll have a look for some photos.
      Originally posted by S
      I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

I've watched plenty of vids of these things and am on all the fb fanboi pages. The do some things very well and some things badly. All the haters bag them when they get stuck and call them Unibogs. They're still a 12t truck, not a flexi comp truck GQ. For their size they are fkn awesome.
        2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
        2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
        2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
        2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
        2005 WR250
        + 2 trailers and a caravan.
        I finance the RMS

Comment

Exactly. A truck is still a truck. Perfect for my needs. I did however buy a winch plate off one of the guys and have a winch to pick up off a mate this week.
          Originally posted by S

Comment

Got away for an overnighter with 10 other Mog people at “TJ’s 4b park” about mid way along the Putty Rd. I did a little wheeling but mostly just wanted to get a look at how some of the guys had set theirs up especially the blokes running Huchinson alloy bead lockers with the bigger 46” tyres. They give enough rolling diameter to sit on 95kph constantly.
            Not cheap but by all reports very much worth the spend.

Once everyone had parked up for the night it was like walking through the valley of the giants with these huge trucks all parked kinda loosely together.
            heading up there soon for a weekend

you know its owned by jamie bazina ?
            im a cunt
            and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Let me know when and I‘ll see if I’m around. FYI not sure how caravan friendly the road in and out would be..

That’s a name I haven’t heard in ages. No I didn’t know that.

Picked up a WTA intercooler last week. Looking at more modern turbos now. Seeing how I’ve given up on project cars I thought I’d take up project trucks?
              Originally posted by S

Comment

im taking the swag mate lol, my van aint made for that stuff lol,

yeh it will go heaps better with a cooler and new turbo for sure
                im a cunt
                and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Exactly. A truck is still a truck. Perfect for my needs. I did however buy a winch plate off one of the guys and have a winch to pick up off a mate this week.
                  What licence class needed?

LR,? MR?

Comment

Just MR. Nothing flash.
                    Originally posted by S

Comment

You should park this next ti. Apparently only 4 left in the country (has the mounting point for a machine gun in the back)

Click image for larger version

Name:	106600494_10220407271464322_6668526589921214408_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=CRF_zK_2ZuAAX9KH0n2&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&oh=793c0eb9ca2eb2380796f549cfc50bf6&oe=5F2244D9.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	432.6 KB
ID:	7158841
                      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

What would be perfect is a Kiowa fuselage as a lift on lift off camper
                        Originally posted by S

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=7152094.jpg Views:	0 Size:	611.1 KB ID:	7158984

Thankyou for the flashback.
                          Many hours of my youth spent staring at this view.
                          Still coming to terms with the idea someone would pay actual money to do this for fun...

Do you use the hand throttle as 'cruise control'?

Comment

Saw a cool as one today all camouflaged up.
                            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                              Saw a cool as one today all camouflaged up.
                              No you didn't...

Comment

Originally posted by S

Comment

Working...
                                X