No announcement yet.

another cunt buys a rheinmetall Panzerwagen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up getting the genuine one, https://www.autoequipment.com.au/ind...product_id=164
    it comes 10 VIN licenses and the unlimited one was not much more but I only envisage to have 3 VW vehicles or 4, currently it will work on the mk6 gti and the cayenne, and if we upgrade the golf to a newer one it will be ok, some friends have VW's so 10 vin's is plenty, you only need to add VIN's if you want to do adaptation etc. for basic stuff you don't need to add a VIN

I have a chinese one and it's shit, not only temperamental but sometimes just pulls wrong info and I don't trust it
    Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
    I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Originally posted by Backmarker View Post
      I was pulled up behind one at Maccas drive-through the other day. Early model in silver, looked mint and sounded tits. They got the exhaust note just right.
      one of the reasons I got the GTS, the sport mode on this thing is perfect, proper NA V8 mayhem
      I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

You might need to put a link or two in the OBD connector to find all the modules. I realise yours is newer but it's still effectively a 7L (which you see on plenty of part numbers). If the VCDS only finds the engine or transmission then the extra links are required. Also, it will possibly never connect with the headlights module which is a Porsche configured item even though it is the same Valeo part as on a Touareg.

Comment

I managed to just connect it and do the 5 blink instead of 3, turned on the other options for auto headlights but I think I'm missing the light sensor in the rain sensor, will get one of them, some of the modules don't show up so I think I need to cross some wires, I have an ODB extension cable which I'll butcher

I think the pins are 3,7 and 15, the latest VCDS crosses 3 and 7 I think but not 15 so should only be an extra wire

Comment

Originally posted by XFJET View Post

Yup i had a look and started taking measurements, front runner make a slimline II rack that fits the porsche roof rails so i can buy the attachments/uprights that fit to the rails and use any rack i want (in theory) rather than pay the $1300 but from all the things I looked at Front Runner is the one to get, good accessory standard 13mm shit and can mount shit under the rack.

Things on the list are getting the rack done so I can have an awning, getting the towbar so I can have a spare tyre carrier and extra fuel.
            I have a design in mind for the rear carrier where it uses the recovery points on each side to secure the bar as well as the tow bar, then wheel carrier bolts to this bar and behind the wheel carrier i'll have some fuel, the trailer lights plug will light the rear number plate etc. then for the front https://shop.eurowise.com/product-p/ewor3412.htm, this will mound behind the front bar out of sight, flip down number plate and you got a winch on a cayenne without anyone seeing it. Have to figure out how to make the grille removable so I can remove the grille and unbolt the winch but not the plate, this way saves me from carrying the extra weight arrount. Same with the rear bar/carrier, i can remove it, put the plastic bits in the recovery points and it's like nothing was ever there. I can store all this shit and the rack at home on the garage wall until I need it then 1 hour later everything is offroad ready.

Need to figure out a faster way to change wheels, the 18" KO2's are heavy
            That winch plate looks like an affordable item that works well. However where is the Hawse mounted? On each pic looks like its mounted to the bumper as its different heights in each pic. I also see no where to mount the hawse on the plate itself.

I like the idea of attaching the rear carrier for trips, but think you should/will just leave the winch there permanently. I am all for trying to keep things light and it was one reason I opted for a hand winch and no winch bar or electric when replacing the oem bar for something more suited to offroad on my jimny as it saved me 50kgs, but on the cayane Its 20kg over the front end in that will weight 2500kgs all done... you wont feel it. Its not like you are installing a 40kg bumper to fit it or anything and screw having to take the front end off and install a winch each trip.

Regarding the last sentance do you swap wheeels and tires for the trips and run the street tires and rims on the road?

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Babalouie
            Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
              That winch plate looks like an affordable item that works well. However where is the Hawse mounted? On each pic looks like its mounted to the bumper as its different heights in each pic. I also see no where to mount the hawse on the plate itself.

I like the idea of attaching the rear carrier for trips, but think you should/will just leave the winch there permanently. I am all for trying to keep things light and it was one reason I opted for a hand winch and no winch bar or electric when replacing the oem bar for something more suited to offroad on my jimny as it saved me 50kgs, but on the cayane Its 20kg over the front end in that will weight 2500kgs all done... you wont feel it. Its not like you are installing a 40kg bumper to fit it or anything and screw having to take the front end off and install a winch each trip.

Regarding the last sentance do you swap wheeels and tires for the trips and run the street tires and rims on the road?

Yes the hawse I'm going to make and do a numberplate flip thing and there is room to weld it to the winch plate. My idea is to make the front grille removable so you just remove the front grille but I think looking at winches they are not as heavy as I thought and if I hide it all behind the numberplate it's all good. Thanks for that.

Car came with the GTS 21" wheel so I have them with Michelin rubber for street and 18" turbo II wheels with KO2 for trips, I'm going to try and air the car up to special terrain and put some jack stands under then lower it on jack stands see if wheels can be removed, if it can then that would be awesome can do all at once rather than jack each one individually

yesterday was raining so I tried to push the PIG a little and it's sketchy as hell on the KO2's, took the Range Rover out on the older KO2's and it was much much better, did BF change the compound in the las year/s or something? the older KO2 seems to be miles ahead in the wet of the new one, both made in the USA but this new one is fucking shit in the wet, actually it's scary. Offroad I didn't notice much difference
              Last edited by XFJET; 20-02-21, 04:05 PM.

Comment

yesterday was raining so I tried to push the PIG a little and it's sketchy as hell on the KO2's, took the Range Rover out on the older KO2's and it was much much better, did BF change the compound in the las year/s or something? the older KO2 seems to be miles ahead in the wet of the new one, both made in the USA but this new one is fucking shit in the wet, actually it's scary. Offroad I didn't notice much difference
                Are the new ones a 2020 build date?
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

yeah ..... it's strange that the older ones from 18 months ago on the range rover are much much better

Comment

yeah ..... it's strange that the older ones from 18 months ago on the range rover are much much better
                    Sounds like the tire tread is more suited to 1 car than the other. Are they the same aspect ratio and load range?

Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Nope, the Cayenne has a higher load rating 119 vs 112 or something on the rangerover

Comment

Nope, the Cayenne has a higher load rating 119 vs 112 or something on the rangerover
                        And whats the difference in size?

Comment

so the Range Rover has two sets of KO2's one on Discovery 2 wheels in 16" x7 and the other set is on 18" x8 wheels from the L322, the 18"s are about 3 years old the 16" are about 18 months old and the cayenne 18" are made in Nov 2020

Range Rover with Disco2 wheels (18 months old)
                          245/75R16 120S

Range Rover with 18" wheels (40% thread left)
                          255/55R18 109V

Cayenne (new)
                          265/65R18 122R

the only difference between the Range Rover sizes is cushy ride on the 16's, the handling up to the limit is almost identical
                          the cayenne is the worse when it comes to handling in the wet, in the dry it's pretty damn good
                          the cayenne has a hum in 40km/h increments, at 40, 80 and 120 and 160, only tried 160 briefly

none of the tyres have any defects like cracks or cuts etc, took the cayenne to the shops about 20min ago and it's raining here ... going around a roundabout at the same rate as I do in my GT in the wetI it would push the front end really bad, decided to take the Range Rover and see how it goes with 16" wheels on and no problem, 60km/h through the round about it's unsettling but no loss of grip, just roll

Comment

Mine specifies 109 load rating tyres and it has 112 rating tyres on it. The 109 load rating means 1030 kg per tyre and the 112 load rating is 1120 kg per tyre. The 122 load rating is 1500 kg per tyre. That seems like you have the equivalent of a light truck tyre on a wheelbarrow (well maybe not that much) which is surely going to mean the sidewalls are too stiff or something like that for lower grip surfaces.

Comment

so the Range Rover has two sets of KO2's one on Discovery 2 wheels in 16" x7 and the other set is on 18" x8 wheels from the L322, the 18"s are about 3 years old the 16" are about 18 months old and the cayenne 18" are made in Nov 2020

Range Rover with Disco2 wheels (18 months old)
                              245/75R16 120S

Range Rover with 18" wheels (40% thread left)
                              255/55R18 109V

Cayenne (new)
                              265/65R18 122R

the only difference between the Range Rover sizes is cushy ride on the 16's, the handling up to the limit is almost identical
                              the cayenne is the worse when it comes to handling in the wet, in the dry it's pretty damn good
                              the cayenne has a hum in 40km/h increments, at 40, 80 and 120 and 160, only tried 160 briefly

none of the tyres have any defects like cracks or cuts etc, took the cayenne to the shops about 20min ago and it's raining here ... going around a roundabout at the same rate as I do in my GT in the wetI it would push the front end really bad, decided to take the Range Rover and see how it goes with 16" wheels on and no problem, 60km/h through the round about it's unsettling but no loss of grip, just roll
                              Great info there thanks.

So you have a few things going on there. First the 255/55R18's on the range have a much higher speed rating meaning it could be a different compound. Its not always the case, but often they do make different compounds for different specs. You are talking 240km/h vs 170kmh. So a substantial difference. It also has a much softer sizewall and more importantly a much softer tread face. As will most LT radial tires all the extra belts are across the tread.

Now the 16s are also less on load and more on speed, but only marginally. However its also a thinner tire which helps create more ground pressure across the tread face which can be quite handy in the wet and low traction surfaces. It also has more sidewall so you will start to feel that flex and back off from the limit vs grip grip then aquaplane.

Comment

when you put it like that it could be it, there was nothing in that size with less than 122 rating so i guess I'll have to put up with these for a while
                                i wonder if they will be safe for 20psi beach driving, so far it's been ok, no discoloration etc. of the sidewall but only did about 20km of beach driving and about 100km through rough stuff

thinking of a weekend on North Stradbroke to really see what this thing can/can't do

Comment

Working...
                                X