PF Dirtbike Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see if you can find one of the OG KX100's, I had one as a kid thing fucking ripped!

Comment

Ill keep a lookout
      www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

Comment

Originally posted by MR 1JZ View Post

thinking about a little wheel KX85...would that be safe enough for the missus to ride?
        I've got a KX85 for fucking around on. On the flat, flat out it's surprising how quick it goes with an adult on it. Hills not so much.

If your mrs is not used to riding, I think should might not enjoy it. The power is really all or nothing, within a short rev range.

Comment

she can learn

its for me really...but I will sell it by saying its for her

Comment

Originally posted by Grungle View Post
            Ha, yeah, it's not a very "social" bike. People hate riding with me because I'm all over the shop throwing dirt, rocks, sand, grass etc everywhere...it's 2 bikes wide because it's never actually going in a straight line, slow in the corners then flat out down the straights, fish-tailing and laughing my arse off, hanging on for dear life. I end up coming in after only a few laps because I'm knackered but I've always got the biggest grin on my face.
            yeh well if want to win and, conserve energy get a 4 banger. 500cc 2 bangers are old school cool. Does it at least have discs both ends? they just sound awesome!!!
            RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by msmola2002 View Post
              So, sold my pitster X4 and picked up a genuine 05 KLX 110 with a 143 and a few BBR bits. Gave a kid I race the pit shitters with my spare pitster forks, swinger and elka shock, he's gonna fabricate me an upper shock mount cos stock based Klx boingers suck with a 100kg fat guy. Landing on a tabletop with stiff springs and 3" suspension travel bloody jolts the knees and wrists!

I also went to race my KX2fiddy last weekend for the last race of the season after letting it sit for 3 months due to a jacked up foot. Zero compression. Dropped some ATF down the plug hole but the bugger still wouldn't start. Pulled the cylinder off and the rings were stuck. Crusty shit. Its a little surprising, last year in about November I broke the clutch perch and it sat under my rear stairs all winter with a foot of snow on it and it still started 2nd kick in April. Buggered if I know. Either way after 3 seasons it was due for a new piston, so dropped a new vertex in today. It got dark and started raining, so need to get the plastics and tank on still, hopefully next day or two it'll be firing again Might be taking it to north western pennsyltucky (where 6 fingers is an evolutionary advantage cos you can play the banjo better) to hit some trails at this place http://www.majestictrails.com/trail-map/
              that riding park looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by MR 1JZ View Post
                she can learn

its for me really...but I will sell it by saying its for her
                Haha, it should suit "her" just fine then. I really enjoy fucking around on mine.

Comment

my old kx85 used to be fucking nasty, engine was setup for flat track
                  Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                  I <3 Hamster

Comment

2013 husky WR300 with high comp head and some other stuff,

2 yamaha DT230's (1999&2001) making 2 bikes into 1 basher for following my 6 year old son around while he learns to ride his new 2014 yamaha TTR50 that santa is bringing him for xmas

Comment

What's the dt230's like? I used to have a 200 and like the idea of them.

Comment

put a rekluse auto (postie) clutch in my wr250f and a left hand rear brake kit, took it out yesterday for a run down belanglo (nothing suss)

went really well, the postie clutch suits me i have to say, more brain power allocated to staying upright as opposed to using clutch and foot operated rear brake.

hadnt ridden in 6 months so i thought id have lost my skillz but i didnt seem to have any trouble, and we always drag race on the haul roads back to camp, the rekluse makes for real fast shifting so the little 250 is keeping lineball or embarrassing my mates DRZ400 which is good.
                        www.holditflat.com

Comment

but how do you mono now?

Comment

you still have the clutch lever to override the rekluse so u can pop it at any time.

same with left hand rear brake kit, you still have use of the foot brake as well.
                            www.holditflat.com

Comment

I've got a clake on my ktm. The left hand rear brake is awesome.
                              Maverick - gone
                              Turbo AU Ute

Comment

I gave my dad so much shit for putting a rekluse on his berg 570. Then I rode it and immediately shut up. Thing is sick makes riding a lot more enjoyable especially in the snotty stuff. Come into a corner hot... Slam on the rear brake slide it like a mad cunt then crack the throttle on the exit and look like villapoto!

Comment

Working...
                                X