Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PF Dirtbike Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I haven't ridden mine in the dirt for about a year now. I might buy another one soon but i've also been thinking about having a go at trials.

    Comment


      #17
      Hardly ridden in last 2 years.
      11 crf450r
      Ohlins suspension
      Filter mesh delete
      Drd full system
      Tune
      Etc...

      Comment


        #18
        07 EC300 Gas Gas here. Getting on a bit but I don't ride it a lot. Best hill climbing bike ive owned in 20 years. Seriously considering getting into vinduro in the next year or so
        Looking for 86 GSXR bits. PM me

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by MR 1JZ View Post
          Anyone know where you can get sticker kits from? Ive bought all new plastics and wouldn't mind getting some decals to go with it.

          Nothing sponsor related like monster energy though. Wouldn't mind something factory style
          http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t/...raphics-Decals

          Comment


            #20
            I've got an 04 250 exc that I rebuilt completely last year.

            Should have got a new one instead.
            Maverick - gone
            Turbo AU Ute

            Comment


              #21
              That motard looks awesome. What engine is it running?
              Maverick - gone
              Turbo AU Ute

              Comment


                #22
                Ive still got my '99 CR250. Has a fair bit of work but now looking for someone to do my suspension setup, recommendations?



                Also the Mrs gets around on a '09 CRF150R these days

                They say i know fuck nothing, but i know fuck all!

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by fat910 View Post
                  Ive still got my '99 CR250. Has a fair bit of work but now looking for someone to do my suspension setup, recommendations?



                  Also the Mrs gets around on a '09 CRF150R these days

                  Honestly cost of getting a 99 to get suspension working better by any more then springs is not overly cost effective on these now.

                  The 2000 model was a big jump in suspension /handling refinement on the cr.

                  Old man had 99 at the same time I had my 2000 cr new. Was not long till he upgraded.

                  It was a huge difference.

                  2000 is a lot more forgiving and easier to ride but power was down a little compared with other brands and models.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post
                    That motard looks awesome. What engine is it running?
                    It's a gasgas FSR515.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Say no to knobs!



                      It was about here I realised a motard wasn't a wise choice for downhill MTB trails

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Morcs View Post
                        Honestly cost of getting a 99 to get suspension working better by any more then springs is not overly cost effective on these now.

                        The 2000 model was a big jump in suspension /handling refinement on the cr.

                        Old man had 99 at the same time I had my 2000 cr new. Was not long till he upgraded.

                        It was a huge difference.

                        2000 is a lot more forgiving and easier to ride but power was down a little compared with other brands and models.
                        Yeah ive heard about the slight suspension change, can only compare it to an '06 CR which is completely different. Mainly wanting it set for my 95kg frame and leaking seals done at the same time.
                        They say i know fuck nothing, but i know fuck all!

                        Comment


                          #27
                          For spring rates use this

                          http://racetech.com/VehicleSearch

                          2000 was a change of frame which made a big difference between 99 00.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            cheers man

                            unfortunately the one I want is out of stock...will keep an eye on it
                            www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post
                              I've got an 04 250 exc that I rebuilt completely last year.

                              Should have got a new one instead.
                              Where did you get that little frame protector behind the kick starter? Mine looks ugly with the paint worn off, wouldnt mind something like that.

                              As per my thread in this section this is my 525EXC, went to this from a 250R Ninja, a little bit of a difference in power and weight. Ive done about 1,000km of weekend rides through twisities so am quite comfortable on it now. Personally for me it would be too much bike off road with knobbies. Need to be pretty precise with throttle control to not end up on my ass. Great fun but will move it on soon for a GSXR750 or similar. Need something a little more user friendly. In saying that Ive been commuting on it all week no worries.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399772959.350832.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	6587687

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X