PF Dirtbike Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't ridden mine in the dirt for about a year now. I might buy another one soon but i've also been thinking about having a go at trials.

Comment

Hardly ridden in last 2 years.
      11 crf450r
      Ohlins suspension
      Filter mesh delete
      Drd full system
      Tune
      Etc...

Comment

07 EC300 Gas Gas here. Getting on a bit but I don't ride it a lot. Best hill climbing bike ive owned in 20 years. Seriously considering getting into vinduro in the next year or so
        Looking for 86 GSXR bits. PM me

Comment

Originally posted by MR 1JZ View Post
          Anyone know where you can get sticker kits from? Ive bought all new plastics and wouldn't mind getting some decals to go with it.

Nothing sponsor related like monster energy though. Wouldn't mind something factory style
          http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t/...raphics-Decals

Comment

I've got an 04 250 exc that I rebuilt completely last year.

Should have got a new one instead.
            Maverick - gone
            Turbo AU Ute

Comment

That motard looks awesome. What engine is it running?
              Maverick - gone
              Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Ive still got my '99 CR250. Has a fair bit of work but now looking for someone to do my suspension setup, recommendations?

Also the Mrs gets around on a '09 CRF150R these days

They say i know fuck nothing, but i know fuck all!

Comment

Originally posted by fat910 View Post
                  Ive still got my '99 CR250. Has a fair bit of work but now looking for someone to do my suspension setup, recommendations?

Also the Mrs gets around on a '09 CRF150R these days

Honestly cost of getting a 99 to get suspension working better by any more then springs is not overly cost effective on these now.

The 2000 model was a big jump in suspension /handling refinement on the cr.

Old man had 99 at the same time I had my 2000 cr new. Was not long till he upgraded.

It was a huge difference.

2000 is a lot more forgiving and easier to ride but power was down a little compared with other brands and models.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post
                    That motard looks awesome. What engine is it running?
                    It's a gasgas FSR515.

Comment

Say no to knobs!

It was about here I realised a motard wasn't a wise choice for downhill MTB trails

Comment

Originally posted by Morcs View Post
                        Honestly cost of getting a 99 to get suspension working better by any more then springs is not overly cost effective on these now.

The 2000 model was a big jump in suspension /handling refinement on the cr.

Old man had 99 at the same time I had my 2000 cr new. Was not long till he upgraded.

It was a huge difference.

2000 is a lot more forgiving and easier to ride but power was down a little compared with other brands and models.
                        Yeah ive heard about the slight suspension change, can only compare it to an '06 CR which is completely different. Mainly wanting it set for my 95kg frame and leaking seals done at the same time.
                        They say i know fuck nothing, but i know fuck all!

Comment

For spring rates use this

http://racetech.com/VehicleSearch

2000 was a change of frame which made a big difference between 99 00.

Comment

cheers man

unfortunately the one I want is out of stock...will keep an eye on it
                            www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

Comment

Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post
                              I've got an 04 250 exc that I rebuilt completely last year.

Should have got a new one instead.
                              Where did you get that little frame protector behind the kick starter? Mine looks ugly with the paint worn off, wouldnt mind something like that.

As per my thread in this section this is my 525EXC, went to this from a 250R Ninja, a little bit of a difference in power and weight. Ive done about 1,000km of weekend rides through twisities so am quite comfortable on it now. Personally for me it would be too much bike off road with knobbies. Need to be pretty precise with throttle control to not end up on my ass. Great fun but will move it on soon for a GSXR750 or similar. Need something a little more user friendly. In saying that Ive been commuting on it all week no worries.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399772959.350832.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	6587687

Comment

Working...
                                X