Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought a Steeden was the standard?

Comment

Originally posted by Likes Dirt View Post
      Yep I used a plastic one then a milk bottle until it too bounced down the road one trip. They help you tie the bike down more rigidly for sure. And for that reason good for long or particularly rough trips (might reduce spring sag in extreme circumstances?) but I'm sceptical they reduce fork seal wear.

After all, aren't you compressing the forks hundreds or thousands of times each ride? Now I just pull the bike down firmly for almost all trips.
      I don't think they are to stop wear, just stop leaving your front end compressed for an hour or two on the way to the trails.

They also prevent the bike leaning over on the trailer around corners when you drive like a hoon. A mate had his bike lean over which resulted in one tie down unhooking at the trailer end and his bike getting towed along the road beside the trailer by the remaining tie down.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

I thought their purpose was to tie them down tight so i can drive to the riding spot like a mad cunt without the straps coming loose?

Comment

Yep you gotta drive like a fuckhead when carting a dirtbike in the tray of your Ranger
          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post
            I thought their purpose was to tie them down tight so i can drive to the riding spot like a mad cunt without the straps coming loose?
            This^

I fucked up on mine one time and threw it in in a rush. Flew out going into Deakin and the whole bike nearly flew off the trailer...

They're like fuck all off the MXStore if you're after one. I think the Ballards ones with the pin in the middle of it (think supercheap auto axle stands) are around $50.
            BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Forks are off getting serviced. Gonna go ride Mtb tomorrow. No motor no hope.
              2007 KTM 250 SX

I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Good trails in the MVDBR vids! Must be the only place on this continent that isn't mostly dust and rocks!

Comment

Millsi bought the RM250x back so I upgraded to a 2016 KTM 300exc. Needs a new tyre then hit the forest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                  You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Oh nice
                    2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

Nice, would own. These are the last of the carbs?

Comment

You can still buy carb bikes in Aus.
                        David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                        You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Sorry I mean the exc range

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post
                            Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                            Millsi bought the RM250x back so I upgraded to a 2016 KTM 300exc. Needs a new tyre then hit the forest.

solid choice. that'll keep you on your toes.
                            RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                              You can still buy carb bikes in Aus.
                              2018 model 250/300 was the last of the carby bikes

Comment

Hey any of you blokes wear mouth guards, seeing Dan Ric pop one out the other day made me think I should be?
                                2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

Working...
                                X