Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
    Hey any of you blokes wear mouth guards, seeing Dan Ric pop one out the other day made me think I should be?
    never have and dont really see the need. Neck brace, good helmet and always wear eye protection (obvious i know but i see so many of my mate ride without). I suspect Dan does it as he cant risk damaging his teeth for the media stuff he has to do.
    RB26......................Again

Comment

Any of you guys ridden interstate on Victoria Rec Reg?

Driving to Queensland and back on a 3 week family holiday in September and am seriously considering bringing my YZ250 with me.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
        Hey any of you blokes wear mouth guards, seeing Dan Ric pop one out the other day made me think I should be?
        It's funny ages ago we saw some lad riding and had a mouth guard on. He was at the MX track. I couldn't understand why.
        When I had my crash I 'chattered?' dunno if that's the right term my teeth and they hurt for a bit. I think it might have been me clenching perhaps for impact. I dunno.
        My teeth are ok from it but was a weird feeling. Like fly510 said those things are very good to have.
        Old mate at the mx track may have had a few hefty offs and experienced this on a harder painful scale?

Originally posted by turbo510 View Post
        Any of you guys ridden interstate on Victoria Rec Reg?
        Driving to Queensland and back on a 3 week family holiday in September and am seriously considering bringing my YZ250 with me.
        Be interested to know if people have. We tried finding loop holes to get our MX bikes through but seems to be too much misinformation.
        Plus having ACT licences and VIC Rec Reg might look a bit sus?
        BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
          Be interested to know if people have. We tried finding loop holes to get our MX bikes through but seems to be too much misinformation.
          Plus having ACT licences and VIC Rec Reg might look a bit sus?
          I have spoken to Vicroads and they say you are covered by TAC anywhere in Australia on Rec Reg. That said they can't even supply a map of roads you can legally ride on with Rec Reg for Victoria let alone the rest of the country.

Vicroads states that you can only ride on roads with a certain classification. Road classifications are in the Vicroads Country Street Directory which has been out of print for the last couple of years and no one has any stocks.

Rec reg is great though, ~$80 a year. Just need headlight, tail/brake light, horn and rearview mirror.

Comment

You'll be fine riding in the forest up here with that, tonnes of guys ride MX bikes with no rego.
            David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
            You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
              solid choice. that'll keep you on your toes.
              The RM250 wasn't the easiest bike to ride, I expect this to be a little nicer. I loaned the RM to mates before who returned it questioning how I even ride it in the bush, they had 300's.
              David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
              You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                You'll be fine riding in the forest up here with that, tonnes of guys ride MX bikes with no rego.
                Cheers.

The 300's lug really well off pipe.

Was the RM250 stock motor wise?

Comment

Originally posted by turbo510 View Post
                  I have spoken to Vicroads and they say you are covered by TAC anywhere in Australia on Rec Reg. That said they can't even supply a map of roads you can legally ride on with Rec Reg for Victoria let alone the rest of the country.

Vicroads states that you can only ride on roads with a certain classification. Road classifications are in the Vicroads Country Street Directory which has been out of print for the last couple of years and no one has any stocks.

Rec reg is great though, ~$80 a year. Just need headlight, tail/brake light, horn and rearview mirror.
                  Yeah in the thing I read it's like no main highways and connector roads.

Technically I could ride my bike to the fish and chip shop down the road as it's not on a main/connector road.
                  We thought it was brilliant value especially for the stuff we ride in. I actually bought a rec reg kit for mine for when we went to stockton. Just in pieces in the shed.

There's a few places in Canberra Al that the same deal is. I just fear that the one time I go out I'll get pinched by the 5-0 and lose my bike.
                  BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

It's a little bit more complicated than that.

If it's paved it's a no go is the current information I am getting but no one in Vicroads will commit to anything cause no one seems to know what the accurate definition is.

This is a excerpt from the Vicroads Rec Reg pdf.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Roads.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	6619216

The problem is there is no replacement for the RACV Vicroads Country Street Directory so there is no reference material for road classifications.

Comment

Nice one Al, I remember eyeing them off when they came out as they sound fucking excellent all round! Would bang!

I tried reading the TMR site and got nothing, whats the deal with trailie rego in QLD? I saw there is conditional rego but assuming that doesn't apply or doesn't let you ride on road (eg if I wanted to ride my bike to where I was going to go off road?) Assuming the options are conditional rego and trailer it where you want to ride, or full rego?
                      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                        The RM250 wasn't the easiest bike to ride, I expect this to be a little nicer. I loaned the RM to mates before who returned it questioning how I even ride it in the bush, they had 300's.
                        Yeah but you have to ride what you've got! Going to be a night and day difference on the new bike. Fun times ahead!

KTM's are great besides what the whingers say. I had a 450EXC with 220hrs and didn't even need valves adjusting (did 2 Finkes, 1 Kamfari, a heap of local racing), the current 250 EXC TPI has 80hrs with only a top end. 450 EXC before these two was flawless too, but I was relieved of that by the local delinquent youth.

Comment

It dawned on me today that 37hours on my 2007 bike isnít that much riding for 12 years and Iíve added 5 hours in 6 weeks
                          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

110km enduro ride today was mint. Mix of single track and fire roads. Had a jerry stashed at half way point so the three bikes could refuel.
                            Iím fucking shattered

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzCkomej...d=b21t44yb559c

https://www.relive.cc/view/2472678437
                            2007 KTM 250 SX

I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

thats a fall haul Greg, great work out, you'll be stiff for a few days no doubt !!

Comment

Thanks. Iím on the bus home after state of origin. Hopefully can stay up for F1.
                                2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

Working...
                                X