Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
    I tried reading the TMR site and got nothing, whats the deal with trailie rego in QLD? I saw there is conditional rego but assuming that doesn't apply or doesn't let you ride on road (eg if I wanted to ride my bike to where I was going to go off road?) Assuming the options are conditional rego and trailer it where you want to ride, or full rego?
    If you want to do things legally, an ADR registerable bike with full rego is your only real option in QLD. Plenty of guys ride MX bikes in the bush without rego though, and technically speaking, if your off a formed road (eg, on some single track Woody cut on his way over the side of a cliff) you're breaking the rules anyway, regardless of rego or not. It's far easy for law enforcement to hassle cunts with no rego, so having rego at least gives you some head start at getting hassled less.

Comment

^^^ Thatís always been my philosophy. My Father In Law is having a good run with rec reg in Vic, but mainly due to the known response they get from the rangers enforcing it. (Torquay/Anglesea area). Seems the local Rangers are happy enough with Rec reg and leave them alone and only ping completely unregistered motor crossers.

Keen to jump on a dirt squirter here in QLD. Plan will be to have a plate on it. Did a ride from Noosa to the pub at Fraser Island when I lived here 20 years ago which nostalgically I would like to do again.

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
        Did a ride from Noosa to the pub at Fraser Island when I lived here 20 years ago which nostalgically I would like to do again.
        Fraser Island is a great place to ride. Done a few multi day rides there, and just stayed at the pub/resort. Just gotta watch out for all the 4wd on the inland tracks, so best to avoid peak times.

Comment

PF Dirtbike Thread

Hey guys I currently have a Fox v3 helmet thatís a few years old. Itís pretty heavy and not that well ventilated.

My moto is a hybrid trials/trail bike that only sees >40kmph on transport sections of trail. Most riding is technical trails at 20-30kmph.

Am I crazy to consider a DH MTB helmet? Surely those guys are hitting speeds faster than I am, regularly.

DH helmets are way better ventilated and some are near 700g which is close to half what my v3 weighs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I crashed my quad in to a tree at ~30kph, it tore the front left wheel clean off, sheared two ball joints, ripped apart the tie rod to spindle mount and left a huge dent in the alloy wheel... I went flying over the bars, missed the tree did a somersault in the air and landed on my head hard.

I replaced the helmet as it was a massive impact.

You need a proper helmet is the moral of my story.

Comment

head butt a tree at 30kph and you will still want the best protection you can afford on your melon.

I've been sniffing around for a new lid at the moment too, but only for something lower profile and weight which sends the price towards $1k on carbon or Kevlar item. Then i think on the positive side, that's still a lot cheaper than being in ICU under an induced coma for a few weeks because my helmet failed.

Comment

PF Dirtbike Thread

I totally get the argument of getting the best possible helmet. Iíll probably buy another mx helmet - itís just a thought that crossed my mind.

Likewise, should I then wear my moto helmet when I am riding my MTB, riding flat single track at 20-30kmph? Itís not really any different, bar the weight of the bike

Who says a DOT helmet rates for 150kmph+ impact is ďbetterĒ than a DH helmet rated to 80kmph impact (speed ratings pulled from my arse)

Itís not so much about the cost but the lighter weight and ventilation.

Even in Victorian winter I am cooking myself riding steep technical terrain. If I can keep my head cooler I might crash less too [emoji2]

Comment

I've got an Airoh helmet and it's 1108g, fucking awesome thing, get one of them
                  2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                  2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                  I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Yep they are high on the list!

Comment

Also have an airoh. Big difference from my old shark quadbike helmet.

Comment

Top of the line for most brands now are around 1kg, and we'll ventilated. It seems every 4-5 years I buy a helmet I'm impressed by the improvements over the previous generation.

You could also consider an open face trials helmet? Personally they don't appeal to me (i like the face part of my head to be attached) but I used to ride enduro with a guy who swore by them.

Comment

I spent 20mins in the shop trying on every single helmet to ensure it fitted correctly and was comfy. Iím really glad I did this as itís a pleasure to wear.

Wish now that Iíd originally done this for my car helmet instead of ordering online and itís not quite right on my head
                          2007 KTM 250 SX

I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Had some time to kill this arvo, went to the bike shop to try on helmets to suss out brands and sizing so I could order it off mx store because they are usually thieving cunts.
                            Tried all the usual flat bummer brands and didn't rate any of them and left. Went to the smaller bike shop in town and they had a couple of airohs on the shelf and I thought I'd try one on. Walked out with it 2 mins later, comfiest lightest helmet I've ever worn. Would recommend trying one.
                            Right colour I reckon too.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_151212.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	6619474

Comment

Nice one. Yep you wonít regret it.
                              2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

For those of you with Airoh helmets have a watch of this video and check your brackets, regularly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5T6W9NEtq8

Comment

Working...
                                X