PF Dirtbike Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah sick! Sounds like a good weekend.

It's weird. I've got a registered dirt bike now and been on the dirt like 5 times.

Been more interested in riding around the suburbs and checking out photogenic spots in the hills or fancy flavoured waters in places.

I went riding (didn't get any pics) last month where the fires had torn through in Canberra. Was a bit surreal in places. Very damaged roads trees gone not as bad as where I was based over summer. On the flip we rode up some trails and stuff that had been made got to the top of some technical hills which I haven't really done much of for some time. My cousin bought a brand new WR250 so he's gun hoe on it.
    Went up this steep as hill. Everything was loose so made for interesting accent and decent.
    I may have shit myself a bit even worse when Nick almost binned it down a cliff.

I'll take my camera with me next time we head out there and get some shots.
    BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Had some spare time to work on a project but that was quickly put to a stop by my own lack of planning. So put new sprockets and chain, and wheel bearings on the KTM. Which it desperately needs, and i currently have to use it for commuting. Next thing is to find out why the kill switch doesn't work - i have to stall the bike to turn it off. Yet to look into it but will find time this weekend maybe probably. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200909_163217.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	7175628

Comment

Nice one. Wheel bearings is a nice easy job.
        2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
        2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
        I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Likes Dirt View Post
          Had some spare time to work on a project but that was quickly put to a stop by my own lack of planning. So put new sprockets and chain, and wheel bearings on the KTM. Which it desperately needs, and i currently have to use it for commuting. Next thing is to find out why the kill switch doesn't work - i have to stall the bike to turn it off. Yet to look into it but will find time this weekend maybe probably. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200909_163217.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	7175628
          Kill switch is just a connection to ground so should be easy to diagnose. These bikes can suffer from wiring fatigue failures at the steering head so that may be somewhere to look if the switch tests ok.

Comment

Originally posted by BoboTheMonkey View Post

Kill switch is just a connection to ground so should be easy to diagnose. These bikes can suffer from wiring fatigue failures at the steering head so that may be somewhere to look if the switch tests ok.
            Thanks again Bobo. I ran out of time to do anything more than just look back at it and reminisce about when it was still a 'new bike'.

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
            Nice one. Wheel bearings is a nice easy job.
            I did 110 hours on the original chain and sprockets (and bearings) - stoked. My old 450EXC used to eat them for breakfast by comparison.
            Last edited by Likes Dirt; 09-09-20, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Something else worth watching on the TPI bikes is the in-tank fuel filter. They pick up all the fine dust and crap that gets in your tank and clog up - gradually robbing your bikes power.
              Dont get the KTM kit, just buy the filter separately on ebay with a couple of small house clamps and enjoy getting a 50% power upgrade.
              I nearly wheelied into a tree from a standing start after my changeover.

Comment

Lol yeah i did mine recently also. Was was both disgusted and glad to discover how bad it was (glad it got captured?). Should put a filter sock thing inside the tank but can't seem to order one online last time i checked.

Found this connector pulled apart, it was the kill switch issue. Nice and easy. Also got to use my new flexible funnel thing, cool idea. No more dribbling shit all over the place every oil change. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_154852.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	7175964Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_113232.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	7175963
                Last edited by Likes Dirt; 10-09-20, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks that reminds me to do my gearbox oil.
                  2007 KTM 250 SX

I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Nice to get out for a few hrs on the weekend, before it's too hot and/or wet. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201006-071613_Gallery.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	605.8 KB
ID:	7183456

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/548028447/p...0274440223448/

gave me a chuckle.
                      2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

Working...
                      X