Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PF Dirtbike Thread

After doing some riding over easter for the first time I bit the bullet and bought my first dirtbike

Anyone else here have them?

This is mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-10 15.55.09.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	6628317

Its an '05 YZ250F, got it fairly cheap because it was running like shit and hadnt been ridden in 4 years

Has done a little bit of work but now after I rebuilt the carby, did new plug, radiators (old one was poorly patched), oil/filter it starts almost first kick

Took it for a strap around my mates neighbourhood today, fucken fast on bitumen, first proper riding session next weekend, cant wait
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

Cool man!

250f is realistically the best bike for 98% of us hacks, I've had great fun on a YZ250f. Just pleasant to ride, not going to spit you mid corner or just be a cunty handful for the majority of the time like a 450 or 250t.

That said, I have a KTM 450 and YZ250 2 stroke. I do enjoy the tension on my shoulder sockets!
    www.prerunner.com.au
    - Facebook
    - Instagram

Comment

I rode a mates 450 at easter
      scared the fuck out of me
      unfortunately im not 21 anymore and need to be able to get to work on monday with full function of my arms and legs so no big jumps for this guy
      This should be fun enough for a while and if I really get into it ill buy an injected 250

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean, the exact thoughts that go through my head every time!
        www.prerunner.com.au
        - Facebook
        - Instagram

Comment

Too bad you're in Fagelaide, my mate is trying to assemble an all Yamaha hackspec team for the Transmoto 12 hour nek year....

Sketchy if you're reading...keen?
          www.prerunner.com.au
          - Facebook
          - Instagram

Comment

Where are you heading to for riding around here on an unreg bike?

I haven't ridden a 250F but the trail riding I do has too much sand, I'd want as much grunt as possible.
            I've got an '04 EC300 gasser. Bought it four years ago or so. Don't ride it enough to justify any more money than that sitting in the shed.
            When I was a kid I used to jump my XR250 so hard I broke the frame. Nowdays I get to the face of a jump and button off, too scared.

Comment

'09 Husaberg FE450 here.

Gets ridden on the bitumen more than the dirt these days.

Comment

in.jpg, best fun you can have with ya dacks on.

11' CRF250R

looking to piss it off for a 350 enduro.

Comment

WR450

With a few scratches
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  RNJ Fabrication
                  Design-Machining-Welding
                  RNJfabrication@yahoo.com
                  04 0737 0736
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I've got a few. Most recent addition is a 2012 WR450. Just put a new pipe and tune in it tonight

Comment

Originally posted by 50RTD View Post
                      Cool man!

250f is realistically the best bike for 98% of us hacks,
                      This, Geoff Ballard won Finke on a 250f a couple of times. And the '05 will have the updated front forks as well.

Comment

08 Crf250 needs another rebuild now.

Comment

Goose:

Port gawler and Monarto are the paid options for riding, but my missus is from the country originally so she has lots of friends with property i can hurt myself on

Comment

Anyone know where you can get sticker kits from? Ive bought all new plastics and wouldn't mind getting some decals to go with it.

Nothing sponsor related like monster energy though. Wouldn't mind something factory style

Comment

01 YZ250 here.
                              It's got a 285 big bore kit through it.
                              Goes well, not that I have time to ride it, but I miss my 300exc out of all the bikes I have owned.

Have had YZ/WR 250/450F's, CRF250 and a 250exc.
                              Before that it was XR and TT350's.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

Working...
                              X