X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Rust
    replied
    Thanks that reminds me to do my gearbox oil.

Leave a comment:

• Likes Dirt
    replied
    Lol yeah i did mine recently also. Was was both disgusted and glad to discover how bad it was (glad it got captured?). Should put a filter sock thing inside the tank but can't seem to order one online last time i checked.

Found this connector pulled apart, it was the kill switch issue. Nice and easy. Also got to use my new flexible funnel thing, cool idea. No more dribbling shit all over the place every oil change. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_154852.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	7175964Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_113232.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	7175963
    Last edited by Likes Dirt; 10-09-20, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BoboTheMonkey
    replied
    Something else worth watching on the TPI bikes is the in-tank fuel filter. They pick up all the fine dust and crap that gets in your tank and clog up - gradually robbing your bikes power.
    Dont get the KTM kit, just buy the filter separately on ebay with a couple of small house clamps and enjoy getting a 50% power upgrade.
    I nearly wheelied into a tree from a standing start after my changeover.

Leave a comment:

• Likes Dirt
    replied
    Originally posted by BoboTheMonkey View Post

Kill switch is just a connection to ground so should be easy to diagnose. These bikes can suffer from wiring fatigue failures at the steering head so that may be somewhere to look if the switch tests ok.
    Thanks again Bobo. I ran out of time to do anything more than just look back at it and reminisce about when it was still a 'new bike'.

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
    Nice one. Wheel bearings is a nice easy job.
    I did 110 hours on the original chain and sprockets (and bearings) - stoked. My old 450EXC used to eat them for breakfast by comparison.
    Last edited by Likes Dirt; 09-09-20, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BoboTheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Likes Dirt View Post
    Had some spare time to work on a project but that was quickly put to a stop by my own lack of planning. So put new sprockets and chain, and wheel bearings on the KTM. Which it desperately needs, and i currently have to use it for commuting. Next thing is to find out why the kill switch doesn't work - i have to stall the bike to turn it off. Yet to look into it but will find time this weekend maybe probably. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200909_163217.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	7175628
    Kill switch is just a connection to ground so should be easy to diagnose. These bikes can suffer from wiring fatigue failures at the steering head so that may be somewhere to look if the switch tests ok.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    Nice one. Wheel bearings is a nice easy job.

Leave a comment:

• Likes Dirt
    replied
    Had some spare time to work on a project but that was quickly put to a stop by my own lack of planning. So put new sprockets and chain, and wheel bearings on the KTM. Which it desperately needs, and i currently have to use it for commuting. Next thing is to find out why the kill switch doesn't work - i have to stall the bike to turn it off. Yet to look into it but will find time this weekend maybe probably. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200909_163217.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	7175628

Leave a comment:

• no13b_Coupe
    replied
    Yeah sick! Sounds like a good weekend.

It's weird. I've got a registered dirt bike now and been on the dirt like 5 times.

Been more interested in riding around the suburbs and checking out photogenic spots in the hills or fancy flavoured waters in places.

I went riding (didn't get any pics) last month where the fires had torn through in Canberra. Was a bit surreal in places. Very damaged roads trees gone not as bad as where I was based over summer. On the flip we rode up some trails and stuff that had been made got to the top of some technical hills which I haven't really done much of for some time. My cousin bought a brand new WR250 so he's gun hoe on it.
    Went up this steep as hill. Everything was loose so made for interesting accent and decent.
    I may have shit myself a bit even worse when Nick almost binned it down a cliff.

I'll take my camera with me next time we head out there and get some shots.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    Took my son to a country MX track today in Beverley. Such a beautiful place with big fast berms on soft fluffy red dirt, no dust. I rode the 20 min sessions in the novice group and loved it. Was faster than everyone by the second session so will have a go at intermediate next time.
    How good is it when you have a fast corner with a jump that you take whilst sliding and a blind landing on an angle. Best.
    My boy had a great time riding with other kids. Great Father’s Day.

Leave a comment:

• turbo510
    replied

seat does not look comfortable.

How easy are secondhand trials bikes to find? Would be a great way to improve skills..
    It's not, it's also a long way down when you forget you are on a Trials bike and go to sit down.

I put a wanted ad on trials bikes for sale group on FB. Picked this up for $1500.

It's surprising how hard it is to ride for 20 minutes around my suburban back yard without putting a foot down.

Leave a comment:

• BoboTheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by turbo510 View Post
    Lockdown sucks, so glad I bought this to ride around the back yard.

​​​​​​​
    seat does not look comfortable.

How easy are secondhand trials bikes to find? Would be a great way to improve skills..

Leave a comment:

• turbo510
    replied
    Lockdown sucks, so glad I bought this to ride around the back yard.
    ​​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200828_174143.jpg Views:	0 Size:	534.4 KB ID:	7173066

​​​​​​​
    Last edited by turbo510; 01-09-20, 10:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JZK25
    replied
    Just clocked 200 hours on my 2016 300EXC. Runs like a clock with regular maintenance. Have done 84 hours in the last 12months since I got the 300. 3 Rear tyres, 2 fronts, a piston, suspension rebuild, Chain and sprockets and 4 litres of 2 stroke oil.

If any Brisbane chooches ever want to ride Imbil I can lead.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    Hot diggity that’s a beautiful weapon

Leave a comment:

• Likes Dirt
    replied
    KTM part number for the relay is 611 110 570 00
    rs-online part number is CM1-R-12v cost was about $6.

​​​
    Legendary. Thanks very much for your help.

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
    another reason I'm looking forward to getting home next year. I ordered a 2021 KTM 300 erzberg edition last week.

https://www.ktm.com/en-gb/models/end...rodeo2021.html
    What a machine! Can't go wrong.
    Last edited by Likes Dirt; 21-07-20, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X