• Show
Clear All

• Greg Rust
    replied
    Sweet, will check the Legion range

Leave a comment:

• Beavis
    replied
    Klim is pretty good but the price is high.

I've used MX gear in the woods, but unless it's top dollar stuff it just disintegrates when you hit something.

Leave a comment:

• Skurfer
    replied
    Fox make the Legion range which is designed for enduro riding. Pants have pockets and stuff so you can chuck your phone in there if you want. The Legion gloves are great. Really waterproof and comfy as. Has a thing in the finger so you can use your touch screen.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    Excellent. I reckon I’ll go for the $150 Fox Prix flo. Black and orange will suit the KTM.

Edit. Ah bugger these have leather.

https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Fox-202...s/FO23923824-c
    Last edited by Greg Rust; 04-11-19, 09:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Likes Dirt
    replied
    Generally top of line MX gear looks good and is comfy but is not robust enough for bush riding (one look at a BlackBerry bush and is all torn up). Also avoid anything with leather inserts because they get damaged if washing regularly. I think all pants are made to fit knee guards these days? Otherwise just choose your preferred ridiculous color and pattern because they're all fairly similar.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    I’m in need of some new pants. Looking a Fox as I’ve got their jersey already but seems you can spend $150 -$279 on different models

any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/60761635268...709530?sfns=mo

Leave a comment:

• turbo510
    replied
    How much for the KX500?

In all honesty I'm probably just a tyre kicker but I would love a 500 2 stroke in the fleet

Leave a comment:

• Grungle
    replied
    I'll probably get something smaller, like a 110 that I can still ride and the little bloke can step up to. He rode the KLX110 we had out the other weekend and loved it - he just wasn't tall enough to reach the ground, so he fell off every time he had to stop. Big smiles though.

Leave a comment:

• Likes Dirt
    replied
    That's a cool bike man, are you going to get another dirt bike? Also, your camping trip looked awesome, hope I can do similar thing when the kids are old enough.

Leave a comment:

• Grungle
    replied
    Well, she got a tidy up and a call has gone out to mates today seeing if anyone is brave enough to take it. Next week it will go on the VMX page, and I'll get progressively closer to the bottom of the barrel over a month or so...I'd like to avoid putting it on gumtree. She scrubbed up pretty well for a 27 year old!

Click image for larger version

Name:	a40bLY3GgwQa8mZEFvm-wkzCTxuoBIhYLEZmCXhEOL2nSNUof6hVSlkcC3lDxU78TT5t_n9a9EPj7MYkao5mecASGKBWI_UXaP9elE-sCVviMH0lJ72vm7AwU0S_r46MFwl-c2UeqUgqylEM9JUjziaePi9IwLENqw6gfDaQCgIPi7QZKVfePI-7WmISY1VFBb5TmZk2iqDMVCfIcvQbZRakf-PPOFwtvv-qTrLaXWd5JkBDuMJVg-iipypr_yl
Views:	100
Size:	798.2 KB
ID:	7080148
    Click image for larger version  Name:	flbS6yp6m_lsiZqddjM1oM2nDyIUpEn60FjFQvfP-df0jc-Ko-p2hTJuyLNjdiF6bO-BPALuCUSTUtS3ZSAc5H1R9013AbOxUQOzLp09kmaIDnu_Dz3zrctXx2qr7wf4eiAD1Qp2DTG5JgilhJHDyCKq5_Ylwp16X8cwiRTIJkMjZv7Y7_GHv4lBGtEd2RuISz4FIo-s7eJFEX2u_UkC9XRHT8O6fSqdSpSllNTop2KZHoIhAY539WuH-mDIUNW Views:	0 Size:	757.2 KB ID:	7080140

And how's this - they're both about the same power to weight ratio! They feel like it too...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	SZaH4p8h4gIR9WR5XCHst_XxI78ENvgjCtu_k9kbsPjhp-ODKQDp23rIIkKY1IiaGW-Vk0_jrCmo0geF1PtWmvHYDj5Fucc0gfrUM5lRSG6pvh2Ftavgtf0LitdWBelyWd8n2grAvdmiDzk44RwZq_IyUEroLRcUdb-O-MFSgcuD2OmuebeDpajRcWC_Q4gPsgEZ1kAMdOH-TDnWp2OFmEd0GnidP0KtxX_J5QOOPy53zZN7YM33WQ0cqjNxE5f Views:	0 Size:	768.5 KB ID:	7080141
    Last edited by Grungle; 06-10-19, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    Been chatting to these guys in Siem Reap in Cambodia, the 3 day temple ride is looking good, https://www.cambodiatrails.com/our-t...d-lost-temple/

they have KTM 350 XC-F which I reckon will be a good thing

Leave a comment:

• turbo510
    replied
    I did a 7 day tour with Offroad Vietnam for my brothers 40th last year.

They have CRF250's now, unfortunately the crap metal tank efi ones so they are pretty gutless.

We had 7 riders, two tour guides and a large variety of rider experience levels so it was a bit tame for my tastes with too much on road riding but that said we all had a ball.

Home stays where far better than the hotels and we split up a couple of times so the more experienced riders got to do a couple of decent technical trails.

The biggest gripe I had was the tyres on my bike where about fucked and provided very little grip on any surface, even more annoying to see fresh tyres on my bike when we picked up the video footage from their office the day after the ride.

They obviously wanted to scrape one more ride out of them.

Leave a comment:

• darkside
    replied
    Another vote here for offroad vietnam. As above the XR's have had a life, but they didn't miss a beat and took a beating. The homestays were a highlight. The riding isn't particularly hard, but its a good adventure.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Rust
    replied
    Thanks will check that out also. BIL did 8 day tour and reckoned it was a hoot. Hammered the crap out of them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X