Shep's JAWA solo. Brakes? Wot brakes?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you located? I know a guy who used to race these things, son did in Europe up until recently and he still owns more than 30 of the suckers. I'm sure he could help you out if you're in Sydney.

Comment

I live aprox 3600km NW of Sydney.

Comment

Got started on it today, naturally everything is seized and it is also a nice mix of metric, af and I think whitworth.

Comment

Fark. 5 years since I pulled it apart, I really need to pull my finger out and get it back together.
          Things stalled because I couldn’t find anyone that would repair the cracks around the headstem

Comment

I know a guy, but he's probably a bit far...
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

I think they used to say CZ/Jawa used to use a Soviet Bloc version of chrome moly, but probably melted down tanks or tractors in reality! Laurie Alderton used to do mods and repairs to the mx and enduro/6 day bikes, but you probably really need someone with a jig for a quality repair.

Comment

Thinking about it, I know 2 people in Brisbane who could sort it.... but Brisbane.
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Working...
                X