Ducati 1098s

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, I've been here two months and still on first bottle with 15 showers a week and washing 3 times a fortnight
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

I'm impressed you've actually ridden, well once anyway! :p
      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Rode it for about 15 minutes (about 35kms lol)

Shoulder hurt like fuck the next day

Comment

Originally posted by Terribleone View Post
          Instead of me starting a new thread, what can you tell me about this generation of Ducatis? What are common failures, things in particular to look for?
          I'd steer clear of the 848, uncomfortable as fuck to sit on, let alone ride in my experience.
          Originally posted by Dimi
          80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
          Originally posted by schnitzelburger
          My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

How hard is it to ride the 1098(s) on the street? Have you flipped over the handle bars yet? Supposedly the brembos grip like fuck. Contemplating an 848 or 1098 as they are in a similar price range as a first supersport post LAMS bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
              I'd steer clear of the 848, uncomfortable as fuck to sit on, let alone ride in my experience.
              http://users.on.net/~fathers/ducati848.htm

Sounds like its good after putting some 1098 bits on it.

Comment

You're asking the wrong guy for a riding review. Looks awesome in my lounge room if that helps

Comment

How many times have you ridden it?

Comment

Twice

Comment

Originally posted by XXX19X View Post
                      How hard is it to ride the 1098(s) on the street? Have you flipped over the handle bars yet? Supposedly the brembos grip like fuck. Contemplating an 848 or 1098 as they are in a similar price range as a first supersport post LAMS bike.
                      I've got the same radial Brembos on my RC8R and they are just fine, really modular and powerful. Like any proper sports bike if you ride like a hamfisted muppet you'll bin it and fuck yourself, treat it with respect and you'll ride around other peanuts once you have some time in the saddle. That being said, aggressive sportos like the RC8R, 898/1098, R1, CBR etc are generally shit on the street day to day. Put a mountain road in front of them and they come alive.

If you want a more street orientated bike but still want the v-twin note maybe look at a Monster 1000 or a KTM 1290 Super Duke if you want your arms pulled out of their sockets moments before death. Aprillia V4 1100 Tuono would also offer the same experience but with more electronic safety aids plus sound mental as a V4, most likely what I'd end up with if I ever moved on from the RC8R.

Thread hijack over, get on the thing and ride already Chuck otherwise I'll be forced to swing by on my next trip down south and give it a properly Italian tune up for you
                      Originally posted by Dimi
                      80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                      Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                      My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Please stop posting in this thread. Every time I see the word "Ducati"I fall more in love with these things. Spent two hours in Fraser''s yesterday. Peter gave me the full tour upstairs including the "secret" bikes that '"wives don't know about but the guys come in to polish them regularly and occasionally take them, for a ride"?

I'm trying to convince myself to just slow down in the corners on my comfy old "non AIDS" Honda 1000 Vadadero tourer - to avoid deaths but a bit afraid if I go with the 1200 Multistrada because "safer with AIDS' I might end up with faster deaths.

I love your priorities Chuck. That checker floor is brilliant too.
                        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski:
                        I knew it. That orange bastard is controlling the weather with HAARP just to save his Mar-a-Lago property where he intends to host his handler, Vladimir Putin, at next years G7 which will be morphed back into the G8.

Comment

they look sweet in yellow too

Even with chromies

Comment

Is the guy trying to figure out why it's stuck in it's braking stance?

Comment

There is part of me that pines for one of these and kicks myself in the ankle for buying a sensible bike. I hate that part lol.
                              Originally posted by S
                              I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                                Ima just leave this here...

Starting off my mancave, had to start this way...

They say i know fuck nothing, but i know fuck all!

Comment

Working...
                                X