Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VVMC Bathurst Rally

Every year I go to the VVMC national rally at Bathurst. Most of the guys are in their 60s/70s and stay all week. As I work, I usually only go for a few days.

The rally had 175 riders with everyone bringing at least 2 bikes. Each day the group rides to a pub about 50-100kms away from Bathurst and then rides back after lunch. Bikes range from 1910-1980-ish. There is a great range of makes and models. There are no brand snobs and everyone is happy to have a chat about your bike or theirs. People come from all walks of life from ex-CEOs to panel beaters. Doesn't matter who you are or what you ride. The biggest issue is that the membership of the club is dying off (literally) and they're trying to get new people interested in old bikes. There is no snobbery about if you bike is modified (like mine) either.

Thought I would add a couple of the 200+ pics I had from the event in case anyone was interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1986.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	6633467Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2160.jpg
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	6633478Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2159.jpg
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	6633477Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2018.jpg
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	6633476Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2016.jpg
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	6633475Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2013.jpg
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	6633474Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2009.jpg
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	6633473Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2003.jpg
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	6633472Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1996.jpg
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	6633471Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1993.jpg
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	6633470Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1992.jpg
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	6633469Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1991.jpg
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	6633468Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2163.jpg
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	6633479
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

cool - love the oily rag indian survivor

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
      cool - love the oily rag indian survivor
      Surprisingly there are still new ones being found. Usually need the engine rebuilt though as they were run into the ground then parked in the shed.
      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

(TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"

Comment

Cool as! Same concerns we have in our club, although recently we've had 5-10 new members under 50 join which is getting people excited. I'm also no longer our youngest member after having a father and son join, son in his 20's. So there is some hope!
        I actually just set up our clubs new Facebook page which will hopefully also get us out in front of a younger crowd and a few more joining up. Having been involved with many car/bike clubs over the years I gotta say, our club is the most non judgemental, friendly enthusiasts out there who just love seeing more people getting involved and more bikes out being ridden.

Will hopefully make it out to Bathurst one year soon, sounds like a great rally!
        1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
        1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
        1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
        1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
        And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Comment

This event is on again over the Easter Long Weekend.

Based in Bathurst but easy rides to the small towns in the surrounding area.

Hope to see you out there.

(TM - AVENGE)

Comment

Working...
          X