Ducati 748S

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened there? My one won't idle and just stalls after a minute. Planning to do a service once the spark plug tool comes, none of my spark plug tools fitted. Might have to look at the fuel filter. Rear wheel isn't spinning freely as well sigh..

Comment

Originally posted by im_boostn View Post
      What happened there? My one won't idle and just stalls after a minute. Planning to do a service once the spark plug tool comes, none of my spark plug tools fitted. Might have to look at the fuel filter. Rear wheel isn't spinning freely as well sigh..
      I think it is just 25 years worth of rust from the tank that accumulates there under the pump strainer.
      As for your idle issue what sort of service history does it have?

Comment

Rear brake master assembly mounted back up. Thanks to Gamma for the perch and lever that I still owe a 6 pack for.
        Before.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	7100717 After

Name:	IMG_20191228_080951188.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	7100718

Comment

Originally posted by MVLUV View Post

I think it is just 25 years worth of rust from the tank that accumulates there under the pump strainer.
          As for your idle issue what sort of service history does it have?
          Last service was 2 years ago and stored away.

Comment

After 2 years it will be due for belts and check the rocker arm surface as well. Fuel filter is a good idea and check throttle bodies, lines, fittings. I don't hold a lot of faith in the plastic quick connections after 20 years. Here are the stainless ones I replaced with. Same manufacturer by the look of it too.

Name:	IMG_20191224_165849.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	7100930Click image for larger version

Name:	_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	7100931

Comment

Working...
            X