Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay Ducati Diavel - what could go wrong?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Diavels, but buggered if I'd own one. Enjoy
    https://www.youtube.com/hoontv
    www.facebook.com/hoontv
    www.instagram.com/hoontv
    https://soundcloud.com/thehoonatics
    etc etc

Comment

Did a major service on the bike as I've been racking up about 400km a week. The bike has always been slightly heavy doing slow turns, I thought it was because the rear tyre being huge and all that. Had the rear tyre replaced and all of the wobbly heaviness feeling is now gone.

$329 for a rear tyre.

Also chucked on an exhaust because too quiet.

And internet flash tune using a tuneboy cable.

I'm really enjoying riding this bike, I switch to the sportster every now and then to keep the battery and bike from dying and it feels so slow to the point of being dangerous when entering freeway.

Got a new helmet and a sena20s cheap. The helmet is so light. It replaces my 10 year old Shoei xr1100.

Picked up another bike as I was looking for a 748 or a 998.

See how it goes when it arrives.

Comment

i hated these when they first came out, but they've grown on me for sure. bloke I know (who's old man owns a ducati shop) had one as a daily for a while. he stuck giant bars on it, looked cool as hell.

do like, and what a great buy!
        Originally posted by Mr Jones
        Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Comment

Please apply some finest aussie export satin black to those silver scoops on the side of the tank - makes it look really dated for some reason. KTHXBYE.
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

So much better with the Termi's. Kinda agree with gamma on the silver too.

Nice bike.
            Originally posted by Mr Jones
            Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Proper Carbon would be ideal, but I reckon satin black would look better than carbon look vinyl wrap. Not sure on the low viz grey of the nosecone above the headlight either.
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

The sidescooops are metal and the other grey parts are plastic so it looks all patchy. Agree it looks fucken weird due to the different shades. Another Diavel with round light parks close by at work and that bike has all these carbon parts. Looks trick but can't imagine how much he's spent. He's got like fucking every little bits done either in carbon or anodised stuff. I can't be fucked spending that kinda coin on it as it gets left out in the rain and shit.

To be honest I reckon it would look like shit in black. If I find a really cheap set of carbon scoops and the headlight thing I might get it. Next thing to do is something about the lights, it's way shit and for a 2011 bike should have had something more substantial than yellow halogen globes.

Comment

Originally posted by im_boostn View Post
                  What software etc did you use? I need to flash my Hypermotard so I can put on my full exhaust and airbox.

Also, where did you get the tune from?

Comment

I use their software the comes with the cable. There's a link, but you need to buy the license and install it to your PC. Comes with a bunch of tune and plenty on the forum. But best to get on a dyno with someone who is experienced with tuning twins. I'm not sure what cable the motards uses. I would love a hypermotard but I'm 162cm not happening with the crazy seat height.

Comment

Did a major service on the bike as I've been racking up about 400km a week. The bike has always been slightly heavy doing slow turns, I thought it was because the rear tyre being huge and all that. Had the rear tyre replaced and all of the wobbly heaviness feeling is now gone.

$329 for a rear tyre.

Also chucked on an exhaust because too quiet.

I'm really enjoying riding this bike, I switch to the sportster every now and then to keep the battery and bike from dying and it feels so slow to the point of being dangerous when entering freeway.

Got a new helmet and a sena20s cheap. The helmet is so light. It replaces my 10 year old Shoei xr1100.

Picked up another bike as I was looking for a 748 or a 998.

See how it goes when it arrives.

Nice pick up doesn't look much like a 748 or 998 though.

Comment

I know, I'm still on the look out for a yellow 748

Comment

If you need parts mate, I work for a Ducati dealer
                          No Power chips thanks

Comment

Originally posted by (pennywise) View Post
                            If you need parts mate, I work for a Ducati dealer
                            Thanks mate! doh could have hit you up for a bunch of service items. Already have Botha bikes all sorted.

Comment

I use their software the comes with the cable. There's a link, but you need to buy the license and install it to your PC. Comes with a bunch of tune and plenty on the forum. But best to get on a dyno with someone who is experienced with tuning twins. I'm not sure what cable the motards uses. I would love a hypermotard but I'm 162cm not happening with the crazy seat height.
                              Thanks mate. By the way. I saw a yellow 748 on a Ducati aus buy and sell page on Facebook the other night.

Comment

I have to wait a couple of months or else nopics will burn my garage down

Comment

Working...
                                X